Is this selfish of me?

Rachel1509

Reaction score
Before I got pregnant I was always downtown getting drunk. I know it doesn't sound clever and nothing to boast about, but I'm young and had no responsibilities. As soon as I got pregnant obviously I stopped drinking immediately and didn't go out once during pregnancy.

Noah is now 5 weeks old and was 4 weeks premature. I'm still getting used to being a mummy and loving every minute. I'm also breastfeeding so still not drinking alcohol.
Friends have asked me in the past week if I want to go out with them and I've declined saying I'm not ready to leave LO just yet.

OH has gone out tonight. We're going through a VERY rocky patch at the moment. He's just started medication for mental health (obviously not meant to drink with them) and also alcohol is a depressant too and doesn't agree with him usually - it makes his paranoia worse.
He kept asking for my permission to go out before he did and I refused to comment. I said it was entirely his decision as he is a grown man and can decide for himself without my opinion.

Also he isn't currently working and doesn't seem to want to work now we've had Noah. We're really struggling with money at the moment yet he's gone out wasting money on alcohol and taxi fares while I'm expected to pay our bills with my crappy maternity allowance.

Anyway he chose to go out, while I'm sat in the house looking after Noah, all alone, bored with nothing to do. I can't help but be p*ssed off!

Am I being selfish?

Last edited:
No I don't think ur being selfish as such, but I don't think its right that you expect him to sit in with u all the time just because u can't go out.

There'll come a time when the roles will be reversed and he'll be at home with the baby while u go out.

I do think though that you both should have discussed how much money he could spend on a night out if you're having financial worries. Hope all is ok today :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I don't think it sounds like you are being selfish.

I'd be livid if my OH did that if moneywas tight.

It sounds to me like he wanted you to tell him not to go out. My OH does this at times and then throws it back in my face when it suits. I would be more inclined to tell him he can't go though :lol:

I hope you can work something out, you don't need that sort of stress right now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back