is this scaring? *warning naked baby bum photo*

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
Thomas has got patches like this all over his bum and towards his legs, They started showing when he got the measles about 2 months ago he also got very bad nappy rash with it and these have been there since.

They are not sore, flaky,dry they are not as soft as the rest of his bum but dont feel too different.
They have not got bigger or smaller in size ive been putting cream on them just incase.

I dont really want to take him to the dr's if its just scaring as i dont think there is anything they can do plus it takes ages to get an appt so thought id ask her first.
any help would be good
thanks
:hug:
sorry about the size kept it big so you can see it well oh and he doesnt have a dirty bum its a shadow from his double bum crack :D
DSC01111.jpg

i thought that by looking at it but its not dry and i thought exema was?
im not sure
xx

When Paris got impetigo it took about 3/4 months for the marks to go on her arms and hands, so it could just take some time to go, I would have thought if it was excema it would have been bothering him

Is he bothered by it?

nope hes not bothered by it at all.
hopefully it will go soon enough then
just cant help worrying its something else hes going to get a complex about when older if it is scaring :(
thanks
xx

paris's went it just took ages to fade iykwim, I would just put lotion on it, if it gets worse tho take to doc xx

Could it maybe be fungal Manda, something like thrush? Maybe get it checked out, I had something very similar when I was pregnant on my swollen inner elbows and it was from the heat/moisture. Originally thought it was just a heat rash but it turned out that it was fungal as an anti-fungal cream was all that shifted it. :hug:

ive been putting fuciden cream on it which is an anti fungal i think? ive had it since he was born was given it cause his cord got infected
will give it another week and il get him to the dr if its still there :hug:
thanks
xx

I think fuciden is anti-bacterial (I had it for an infected cut ages ago) so I don't know if it would kill off fungus too?

Hope it clears up soon :hug:

hiya hun it look like exma to me however i'd get it looked at just on the safe side, like you said it's not bothering him if it was fungal like imbatigo it would itch (emma had it really bad on her cheak once and it was very itchy) but just to be on the safe side get it checkked they will probaly do a scrape on it to see if it's fungal then send the test off. Do you put moisturising cream on it? like e45 or acreas cream? might be worth trying them for the week see if it fades before going to the docs :D
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks hun, na i just put the fucidin cream on as i find e45 far to slippery on a wet bum :D
xx

awh bless him.. i didnt know he had measels..pop to the health visitor mand.. prob be easier than going to the doctors?

Looks similar to some patches Isaac had. We were prescribed Trimovate cream :)

That looks fungal to me.. I'm not a dr though! I'd take him to the docs to be on the safe side x

looks fungal to me to , similar to what leland had on his torso , dakatarin shifted it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back