Is this movement that I'm feeling?

jmw1664

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently waiting for my 12 scan which will be on November 1st :) 1 week to go! :D
According to my lmp (last menstrual period) I am 11 weeks now, and for the last few days in particular I have been able to feel my uterus. Last week it felt hard and was just above my pubic bone and this week is feeling much higher again, it seems to tighten and then soften, it's sometimes more central and when my hand if flat on it I can feel it move and harden up to the left. I asked my other half to feel also and he can feel the same, he can even see it firm up and move to the left just by looking at my tummy.
This is all of course when I'm lying down totally flat. I just wanted to really hear from someone else that what I'm feeling is totally normal and that it prehaps really is movement, as in the baby moving around or just my utuerus moving higher up and growing.
This is my 2nd pregnancy however my first I only went to 7 weeks so I had no chance to experience anything so I will just say this is my first pregnancy :)
Just be good to hear others thoughts and experiences as most websites and books only claim that movement ONLY can be felt after certain number of weeks etc...

Thank you :) x

I defo felt movement by 12 weeks with my second, some thought I was mad, I thought I was mad,but when my friend fell pregnant with her 4th she recorded her belly at 12 weeks and you could clearly see her belly moving. So it is possible to feel movement quiet early, but I think it also depends on how many babies you,ve had.

Im 9 weeks pregnant with my 4th and im sure i can feel little flutters, i looked it up and there is quiet a few people saying the same, when i had a scan last week peanut was very wiggly lol, took the lady doing the scan ages to get a measurment where it kept moving xx

im 12 weeks tomorrow and sure i can feel movement, but they do say i depends on the amount of kids you've had to know for sure!! with my first i was abut 18weeks before i felt anything and with my second it was 14weeks and the mw agreed it was movement so im sure i can feel it now just a bit earlier than before!! only you will know for sure as time goes by :) x

I'm pregnant with my 2nd, with my first I didn't feel a single movement til I was 22 weeks because I had excess fluid so his movements were really cushioned. I really really hope I get to feel early movements this time :love:

Thank you all for the replies, is great to have other peoples opinions :)

Its such an exciting yet overwhelming time its so difficult not to question and wanna know all the ins and outs about every second of it lol

I feel in my gut that I'm definately feeling a movement of some kind, I know it lol but of course only with time will I be able to tell what the movement is exactly. I know I wont be able to feel individual movements from the inside until a later date but its definately exciting and makes it all the more real feeling the uterus move slightly from the outside.

And from what I've been reading from other people, theres always the possibility theres two in here :D One week and we'll find out for sure :D

Thanks again ladies xx

Hahahahaha sorry but i just burst into song then....."Is this Luurve that i'm feeeelin'........" had a hairbrush moment lmao xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back