Is this just hormones?

cinnamon81

Reaction score
First hello to everyone in tri2 :wave: as I haven't really introduced myself yet, but you all seem lovely and give great advice

I'm worried that it'll be hard to leave a baby at a year old, and then if I don't go back I'll end up with dead end jobs. I know becoming a mum is going to be really rewarding but I just can't help but worry!!!

I realise that probably sounds really selfish, i'm not, honest and I am looking forward to baby being here but just scared about all the responsibility and losing "me" :? Does anyone else feel a bit like this?

(edit to remove personal info)

I'm not so much worried about bringing the baby in to my life, im more worried about bringing my OH in to my life. I'm only young and i wanna move out and he wants to move in with us but i'm reluctant to do this, i know he wants to be involved but im not sure im ready to give up being able to make all my desicions aone yet.
So basically yes i do feel a little like im going to lose me, but not in the same sense as you do.
Im just see everything as it'll work out how its meant to be and i'll get on with it no matter what
Clare x

I feel like this now and i'm 30 have an 11 year old son and a partner of 3 years.

I keep having days where i worry that I won't know what to do with baby, what if i can't cope with him and have forgotten what to do because I feel like I'm having my first baby all over again it's been so long.

I can totally understand where all your worries are coming from but it is normal to feel worried and anxious about it all.

:hug: :hug:

Thanks for your replies, its just nice to know I'm not the only one.

(edit to remove personal details)

hello :wave:

Where about in scotland are u from?

I wasn't with my partner for long when I found out I was pregnant (now my ex :()

I know exactly how you feel :hug:

I'm 31 and have always been very independent too, moved around a lot, travelled a lot and basically pleased myself! OH and I both get a little stressed about how we'll adapt sometimes but we've agreed to discuss it as soon as we get any wobbles. And I just have a feeling that everything will fall into place when the baby's born, as I'm sure it will for you and all of us xxx

i no how u feel, our baby was planned and we already lived together and talked it through and through before we tried to get pregnant but it doesnt make it any less worrying, there is always the what ifs etc but i think you only worry because you care :hug:

think i need to just go with the flow and think whats meant to be will happen. Its just scary, and I can only hope that all these niggles will go once the baby's here or before. Suppose I'm not even half way yet so theres time yet to adjust...

hello ;)

I'm in Stirling - I would say not far from u but Fife is HUGE :lol:

There are quite a few scots on here

Hey :hug:
I know how you feel in a way. I'm only 20 and my bubs wasn't planned - but again there was no question of me not being a mum.
I gave up a degree i'd been so excited about starting - i only found out i was pregnant 2 days into my first year!!!! I stayed there for a few weeks but realised that it wouldn't work.
I'm now doing an OU degree which is good as it reminds me that i am still doing something for myself.

I know how you feel completely about having other responsibilites and things, i'm a strong believer that if you want it to be then things will be ok. I'm not saying it'll be easy but we'll get there!

I think it's great that you are going to go back to your nursing training and i'm sure bubs will be fine.

If you want to PM me then please do!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi :wave:
My Man works away so i have got used to and enjoyed my independence when he is away. But i also miss him like hell and look forward to him coming home.
This was a planned pregnancy though i still worry all the time
will i be a good mum will the baby love me?
will my relationship with James change when the baby is born?
The biggest on for us is will we be able to provide for the baby?
we cant afford a house and live at his parents to save.
But we love our baby so very very much
And im sure any obsitcles we wil face and work through as a partnership

Ps ...welcome to tri2 :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back