Is this dreaming?

nikkif

Reaction score
CHarlotte has slept through the night a few times now but once or twice in the early hours she sounds awake and wakes me. When i go in her head is moving from side to side, and she is kicking her legs about and either groaning or crying but mostly she is asleep. Is this likely to be dreaming? It can go on for 10 or 15 mins.

Last night she did wake up crying and it took me ages to settle her but i am just confused as to why she woke up or if she is still a bit windy someimes?

Thanks

Babies in the womb have REM sleep i.e. Dreaming. So a 3 month old can definitely have them as their brains are more developed.

I remember Tia used to "cry" or "moan" but still be sleeping... as long as you didn't disturb her she would go quiet again...

It sounds just like dreaming and as dreams are based on our experiences, and babies cry a lot, then her dreams probably involve her crying for some reason.

Also nightmares... Tia had night terrors from around 6 months old... so it wouldn't surprise me if babies could have nightmares too... younger than that... and like all of us, sometimes when we have nightmares it takes us ages to get back off to sleep.

Ryan does it too and I feel so bad for him that he is crying in his sleep :(

I go in and either hold one of his hands, or put my hand on his chest gently, and as if by magic he usually calms down. He sometimes doesn't so I leave him to it and just make sure he's covered in blanket etc, hasn't kicked them off.

I feel bad for Charlotte too and try to calm her without waking her. SOmetimes she wakes and sometimes she doesn't

Thanks for your replies :)

oh no, its horrible to think our babies could hav nightmares :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back