• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

is this colic????

NICCI

Reaction score
4 the past 2 days jack has had screaming fits in the evening that last for up 2 4 hours!! he is also feeding a lot more!! he scrunches up his legs and makes grunting noises!! he was also up frm 2.45am to 6.45am this morning even though he had been fed he wouldnt stop screaming unless he was being rocked!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what r the usual signs for colic??
how can i ease them??
how long does it last????????????????????????

jack is 4 weeks old and is breast fed!!

any replies would b gratefuuly recieved! xxx

Sorry to hear hun, it does sound like colic. The most I can say is that he WILL grow out of it - it seems like it won't end but stopped somewhere between 10 and 12 weeks literally overnight for us (most grow out of it by 12 weeks). Lots of people swear by infacol - give it before every feed as per instructions (we tried it but didn't notice much of a difference). It can take a few days to work so don't give up. Lots of winding, try to keep him upright as long as possible after a feed to help the wind come out.

Oh and if you don't have one, get yourself a sling. Makes it easier to have your hands free while being permanently attached to your LO. Have lots of these :hug: :hug:

yep definately sounds like colic. My Lo started with it around 3/4 weeks. She used to pull her legs up and scream...it was trapped wind in her belly which was hurting...she was really bloated too. It gradually got better, and although she still gets it it's sooooooooo much better than it was. I was tearing my hair out and looking for answers, but tbh I don't think there are any.
Some people fing infacol, works or colief, so one of them might be worth a try.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back