Colic. dammit

leanne1b

Reaction score
Hiya,
So Cian is fine, no health problems, just the colic. Any ideas of how to soothe him when hes going mental? Except for when he is having these episode thingys, hes happy as larry, smiling away, and 2 seconds later could start hysterically screaming for hours! I just find it upsetting because if he screams that badly because of colic, how would I know if something was wrong? As I'm used to him screaming anyway if that makes sense?
xx

finley suffers with colic. he is alot better now but his started when he was about week and half old. he would constantly scream from 7pm until 10pm. i changed his bottles to dr brown 1's and gave him infacol before every feed.these are some tips hv gave me 2 get his wind up
-sit him completeley up right back straight and rock his body from side 2 side. she said this helps the air bubbles to travel with the movement.
-lie him on my knee face down. the pressure on his belly helps release wind
-sit him in a up right chair, rocking 1 if poss
-put him over my shouder, she said really over lol so his belly neally on my shoulder.again the presure on his belly helps.
-i find a dummy sometimes help soothe him. he never has it any other time he spits it out but when he's really suffering he really sucks on it
-movement helps.wen he constantly screams throughtout the day ive bought a cheap baby carrier. i put him in that just so i can get a few jobs done. the movement helps

dont worry it'll get better promise. finley is brill at getting his wind up now. alls i have 2 do is hold him up right his back straight, dont even have 2 rub his back and he'll burp

hope this helps xx

Last edited:
Thanks mel,
Yeah the rocking thing I figured accidentally lol. I was just doing it one day and he did a huge burp! So now we just keep going!
Infacol didn't seem to do much so we tried gripe water, and that seems to help a little bit. I duno, my daughter was just so chilled out I guess I assumed he would be too so I'm finding it hard to get used to xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back