• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this colic?

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
Evie has developed a strange habit... previously she passed wind or pooed without showing any outward signs but over the last few days she seems to be straining to poo or fart quite often. sometimes this seems to upset her and sometimes she cries but we can sort of comfort her by changing position or rocking her... I'm wondering if this is the start of colic, although I know that proper colicy babies cry for hours on end without being able to be comforted... This has only happened for the last couple of days and seems to be happening in the early evening through to the night feed, although she doesn't seems to have a problem at night, the straining starts again in the morning, but she isn't as distressed.

Can anyone give me any insight as to what it could be? I am exclusively breast feeding..

Thanks
J
XX

Sometimes Emma is like that too, it varies. I think if it's not accompanied by constant, unconsolable crying, then it probably isnt colic. It may be down to what you have eaten that day - e.g. garlic can cause major wind!!

I would keep an eye on it and if it continues, give your health visitor a ring. :hug:

We went thru this at about 3 weeks hun. Could it be trapped wind? Try infacol or gripe water xx

LO had the same when she was a little younger. She seemed to be pushing something out and cry. Once she succeeded she seemed fine. Gripe water worked for us. Luckily it passed around six weeks. Now she just farts and it doesn't seem to hurt her anymore.

I found that me eating raisins made it worse for her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back