Is this a bit o.t.t?

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
Tiger-lilly for a girl?
I love it, but think it may be a bit o.t.t for a name as I heard it on the film 'peter pan', one of the fairys was called it :lol:

Reminds me of Paula Yates' daughter. Personally I hate it. I like Lily though.

If you like it, go for it - it doesn't matter what we think.

Valentine Xxx

I no I just wanted peoples opinions.
i dont want my daughter being picked on for having a silly name :lol:

I think more people would make the Paula Yates link than Peter Pan, and I personally think it's a bit naff to rip off celeb's names(even thoguh that's not what you're doing :) )

I kinda like it. Yes, it's unusual but there's wackier names out there :)

jazzmum2be said:
i dont even no who Paula yates is. :lol:

She married to Bob Geldof and then was with Michael Hutchence. She dies of a drugs overdose leaving four daughters. Tiger Lily is Peaches and Pixie Geldof's half sister :)

Oh okay :)
I quite like peaches geldof even she does seem a bit snotty and spoilt.
She may not be though :D

ummm im not keen, but its your little girl and if u like it thats the main thing :D

i think of Paula Yate's daughter when i hear it, more then peter pan

I think of Paula Yates' daughter too. You would prob shorten it to Tiger as calling 'tiger lily' is a bit of a mouthful, like most hyphenated names. But its your baby and call her what you like xxxx

Not too sure but if you like it thats the important thing.

I like the name Cherrie as in Cherry I think its cute :)

Or Belle is sweet too sticking to the Tinkerbell theme :D

me and my oh really like it
wouldnt use it ourselves just because of the whole paula yates connection, but do really like it

As everyone else has said, if you like it go for it! I also associate it Paula Yates....and bear in mind even though you like, will your daughter like you for her name when she is older.

xxxx

Yeah have to say totally reminds me of Paula Yates too.

I like Lilly, not so sure on the Tiger bit of it. :think:

But, repeating others, its your baby, your choice! :hug:

Yeah, Paula Yates and Micheal Hutchence's daughter is called Tiger Lily.

If you were to shorten it to Tiger then I'd think Tiger Woods

Not really my thing but if you like it thats the main thing.

I went to a nice chinese restaurant called tiger-lily. I think it sounds pretty but i wudnt go for it.

Agree with most of the others - think it's a bit chavvy (although in principle a very pretty name - and she was one of the indians in Peter Pan not a fairy :D ) and unfortunately most people will assume you've done it in a celebrity copy-cat type way - even though you are, very depressingly, too young to know who Paula Yates is.

But, at the end of the day, if you love it then don't let what anyone else thinks influence you!

I have to admit, I love it! :D Although I doubt I would ever be brave enough to use it if I ever have another girl! I do think it's cute though!

I quite like it but I wouldn't be keen if people shortened it to Tiger as I see that as a boys name.

my initial thought was peter pan, it's a sweet name but it's up to you whether you wanna keep defending your name choice when people question it. It gets on my tits having to explain Tally's name to people and i shouldn't have to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back