is there a baby in there?

jld123

Reaction score
Hiya

Im being a moaning minnie.

I dont seem to have felt any movement since i felt those popping sensations a week or so ago and its making me wonder whether I just imagine those feelings in the first place? I try so hard to focus and lay so still to see if i can feel any movement but i dont think i can :(

its worrying me, i thought by now i should feel popping quite regularly

Hey :)

Everything will be fine with baby! Bet he/she will be dancing around in there lol :) it will just be too early to feel it.

At my scan yesterday the sonographer said that she has had loads of people in at 20+weeks who haven't felt anything, she also said that I have a thick placenta which means I'm more likely to be further on before I feel anything(I didn't know that, but there ya go :)) She said it's quite likely I won't feel anything until 23/24 weeks, so don't worry hun :) it's totally normal x

A member of my family is 2 weeks behind me and she has only felt popping a few times - it's making her really anxious and god forbid anyone ask her if she has felt the baby lol We have tears and tantrums!

She saw her midwife yesterday who found as strong heartbeat straight away and they could even hear the baby kicking the doppler yet she still could not feel it move.....she is such a thin girl too bless her. It's put her mind at rest tho so thats good.

I suppose what I am saying (in between all that ramble) is it does not matter how big you are - either you feel it or you don't but apparently with your first it's very common not to feel regular movements until around 23/24 weeks xxx

Last edited:
Dont worry hun i never felt movement in my first pregnancy untill after 20weeks, its all different, it mite have been that it wasnt what you thought and when it starts properly u will know! x

im only having the popping now and this is my secon child so dnt worry every1 is different there is no right or wrong time. X

i didnt want to start a new thread so i thought id bump this one.

I FELT IT LAST NIGHT, FOR DEFINATE!

it was amazing, for about 20 minutes i can constant twinges that i can only describe as you know when your eyelid has a tiny spasm sometimes, like asif a nerve is playing up. well it felt like that but really strong, and ripple-y if that makes sence! oh it was so amazing, i welled up :)

Woo hoo! So glad u felt it, also that's how I described it at first too... Like a twitch! Great news, I'm really happy for u xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back