• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

is she definitely pregnant?

tink_gnr

Reaction score
hi everyone, sorry if this post makes me sound stupid, but here goes...

My best friend is 19 (same age as me) and she is 2 weeks late, something which has never happened before to her. on wednesday evening she did a Clearblue test, which said "pregnant". she went out and bought another clearblue and 2 tesco own-brand tests... she did the other clearblue which also said pregnant... but the tesco ones had only a faint line in the pregnant window... furthermore, yesterday she did another 2 clearblue tests (this time the ones which tell u how far gone u r) and they both said "2-3" and "pregnant" which means she is about 6 weeks gone... she has also had other symptoms, such as weird bumps around her nipples, and she says that when she bends over or lies on her stomach it feels awkward and has to turn over onto her back... she also has cramps on one side of her stomach. she has type 1 diabetes so apparently there is an increased chance of difficulties...
she is adamant that she will not get rid of the baby, and she says that she is going to carry on with the degree we are both studying for (in 2nd year now)

But what i want to know is, do you all reckon that it is 100% that she is pregnant? sorry to sound stupid, i just can't get my head round it to be honest... any advice would be appreciated. sorry for waffling on a bit! :?

Yes, she has been getting positives on pregnancy tests so id say she is definately pregnant!!!!

Best of luck to her :hug:

If she has had all those postive tests then yes she is pregnant :)

thanx for ur opinions :hug: im the only person who knows except for her boyfriend, so its a massive weight off my shoulders to confide in you guys!

she hasnt told her parents yet, she has just gone away today to tenerife, and she is planning on phoning them and telling them when she gets to tenerife so that they might have calmed down by the time she gets back! im not sure thats a good idea!

tink_gnr said:
thanx for ur opinions :hug: im the only person who knows except for her boyfriend, so its a massive weight off my shoulders to confide in you guys!

she hasnt told her parents yet, she has just gone away today to tenerife, and she is planning on phoning them and telling them when she gets to tenerife so that they might have calmed down by the time she gets back! im not sure thats a good idea!

Probably not a great idea but each to their own. I think my mum and dad would have been upset if i didnt tell them face to face. Even if i thought they would have kicked off i would have still gone and told them to their face.

She is without a shadow of a doubt pregnant. Clear blue are the most reliable tests on the market, digital positives are ALWAYS correct. First Response normally give really faint lines to start off and it also depends on how much of the pregnancy hormones she is producing, so no change there! She is definately pregnant. I told my parents over the phone as they were on holiday. They were not really surprised, lol.

I think she should tell her parents when she gets back. If they have done their best so far, yes they will be angry, but once they calm down they will support her. If she is away she will only delay their reaction until she gets back and she will probably not be able to enjoy the trip thinking about telling them.

It will be hard, but rewarding. You sound like a very supportive, caring friend.

All the best xx

hi everyone, thanx so much for ur kind words and advice :hug:

just thought id update u on the situation - she texted me from tenerife this morning, she said that she has phoned her mum and also her boyfriends mum, and that they r both ok with it, but her dad doesnt know yet, and he's the one most likely to kick off!!
i still cant get my head round the fact that there is a baby growing inside her! im gonna be experiencing everything with her, and i cant wait to be honest! i suppose ill be thinkin along the way "so this is what its going to be like when i have kids".. but im going to help her out as much as i can, i mean, we're together most of the time anyway. we r both welsh, me being first language welsh, so i am going to talk welsh to the baby, as is her boyfriend and she will speak english to it...this will mean the baby will be bilingual which is a good thing!
i have no idea what to expect at the birth...she keeps saying to me "well it only hurts if you make up your mind that its going to hurt, its all a mental thing, the pain isnt that bad..." does anyone want to comment on this? because my mum says that it is the most horrendous pain (but i dont know whether that is to put me off having kids young lol!) any comments appreciated! xxx

Personally I dont believe its just in the mind!!!!! I know it wasnt just in my mind, I had stitches to prove it :rotfl:

It was painful, ive never felt pain like it, but then its the best pain ever because your giving birth to something so beautiful and so precious :D

I gave birth 10 years ago and they say in time you forget the pain... WELL I NEVER BLOODY FORGOT ABOUT IT!!!! LOL. I was in labour for 29 hours and from 1.5cm dilated i felt like i was going to die! The pain was immense and something i had never experienced before. Never, ever! I had an epidural but it only worked down my left side so i felt all the normal pain in my right side. I was cut from hole to hole (sorry if TMI) and had so many stitches that when i went for a bath it looked like texas chain saw massacre in the bathroom at the hospital. I had to pour water over myself when i went to the loo to stop the burning stinging. For 3 weeks afterwards i went through uncomfortable pain, wearing thick panty pads to catch the blood and not having a bowel movement so for anyone saying "its all in your head" well just wait and see.... :rotfl:

If you have access to 'Discovery Home and Health' or 'The Baby Channel' there are lot's of programmes where you can see women give birth and get lot's of helpful information. I don't have a child (yet) but I know it hurts a lot but will be worth it. Your body is designed to give birth x

What tests tell you how far youre gone? I've never seent hese before :think:

The new Clearblue Digi 'Conception Advisor' tests. They say 1-2.3-4 or 5+ weeks (or something like that). Cost a bit more though. Personally I don't care, just want a bfp!

thankyou everyone for ur comments... i cant imagine the pain of giving birth, but i believe it when you say that its totally worth it cos u get a beautiful part of you at the end of it... thanks everyone :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back