is it worth it?

sam96031

Reaction score
is it worth having a 4D scan those of you have had it and are glad and those that havent and wish they had. We are torn whether or not to have one as we want to see LO again and would love to have the DVD to share with family and friends and to show to LO in years to come but we would have to travel and it is £200 so what do you lot think should we or not?

I personally don't agree with the price of these things, but i'll still pay it LOL! It doesn't cost that much to make the dvd or to run the equipment, your basically paying for the person to scan you, but they know how special babies are to parents and they know that people would pay it!

But I do think they are really cool, and I would of had one done if I could afford it at the time but now i think i'm too far along lol.

far too over priced but id do it again!

thanx might get it and say its an xmas prezzie for us both :lol:

that would be lovely but do it quickly before 30 weeks

I couldn't afford to pay for one of them at the time but would have loved to have one done. It looks amazing!

I know, my oh wasn't working at the time so I couldn't afford it either, now he's working and we can afford it no problem :wall: too late now though! I'd be lucky to see anything lol.

Got ours tomorrow..its expensive but we dont go out a lot, so we see it as a treat to ourselves....
I am in total wonder of pregnancy, and in awe of the whole thing, so I am embracing everything I can, and I see it as another chance to take a peek at what is going on inside of me, this little miracle of life!!! :cheer:

im gonna have on this time, my oh is paying for it as my xmas pressie, i wanted 1 with the other 3 but couldnt afford it then.
i do agree tho that they are over priced, but i still want one!!!

We had one and it was great, we paid £100 which is cheap compared to some!

tried to book but always had bad luck , fully booked, something went wrong, no appointments when i wasnt working..it was like it wasnt meant to be! :(

oh well il try next time!

I regret not having it done and would next time.

It's such a special time, splash out! :D

We had it done and totally loved the experience especially as we involved our dd and made a day of it. It was a magical experience and worth every penny.

ive got mine a week thurs,

they are a lot of money, but i believe its worth it... its something to keep forever and to show ur lil one the special time when they were in mummys tummy xx

Definitely worth every single penny we paid for ours. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again with the next one. It's incredible seeing them on the DVD and I think it's a wonderful keepsake to show our babies when their older.

:| sorry but I think they all look the same and are a bit scary!

luce1 said:

Its funny you should say that, when I showed my DVD to people after the scan lots of people could not make the parts out and a couple did say 'Its really freaky' and 'It looks horrible' I was really offended to begin with and actually cried because that was my baby they were talking about!!

But in hindsight I can see where they are coming from, the pictures do look weird to people who have never seen anything like that before and people interpret things in different ways.

I think my DVD is awesome, but im reluctant to show people pictures/dvd now in case people dont like it and it scares them!!! :rotfl:

JaidyBaby said:
luce1 said:

Its funny you should say that, when I showed my DVD to people after the scan lots of people could not make the parts out and a couple did say 'Its really freaky' and 'It looks horrible' I was really offended to begin with and actually cried because that was my baby they were talking about!!

But in hindsight I can see where they are coming from, the pictures do look weird to people who have never seen anything like that before and people interpret things in different ways.

I think my DVD is awesome, but im reluctant to show people pictures/dvd now in case people dont like it and it scares them!!! :rotfl:

Aww thats a really insensitive thing for someone to say to you when your proudly showing off your LO! I think babies can look scary as they first come out all covered in blood and blue and stuff but you wouldnt say ohh isnt it scary looking! :evil:

I would have loved to have had one, OH said it was waste of money plus we had really clear scans from each appointment but still would have been cute to look back on!

iv kept everythin from Jamies birth, still got r hospital bracelets, first babygro and bootees, even Jamies cord stump lmao!!!

I dont think the way the bubbas are shown in 4d r scary, just a nice reminder of when they were in mummys tummy and see how they turn out as they grow up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back