• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it too late to change my mind??!!

Trixie's Mum

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm now 37 weeks pregnant.
That means this baby could come any day now. A BABY. A real one. And it's only got one way to come out (well, barring an emergency), and I don't think I'm ready!
It is too late to change my mind?
I don't think I'm ready to squeeze something THAT big out of, well, out of where it's gotta come out of.
And I don't know if I'm ready to look after a baby again!!

Anyone else feeling like this??

TM

It's perfectly normal.

I have two already and I still feel this way!

When your lo arrives everything will be so worth it and you'll wonder why you worried so much :hug:

hiya i havent got long either and i felt just the same with my first !! im 37 weeks preg with a girl due on the 20th march . i was so scared about lobour that when it happens and you go into labour you forget bout how scared you are and u just look forward to seeing your baby
hope this help and gl
love jo xx

I'm due the day after you I think. I've been really calm about the whole idea of labour etc... until this week. Now I've gone into major panic mode! OH keeps laughing at me because one minute I'm going on about how fed up I am and how much I want the baby out, next minute I really really want baby to stay inside and not come out, thank you very much!

I'm hoping that once labour starts I'll be okay. It's my first baby so really don't know what to expect.

it's my THIRD, but the panic doesn't get any less each time!!

I see you're hoping for a home birth- good for you! So am I. If I'm going to be worried about it I'll be a whole lot less worried if I'm at least in my own home surrounded by my own things, and can use my own loo/bath/shower/bed!

I wish you goodl luck.

We'll get through it... we DO have no choice now!! :shock:

TM

That's what I thought - I feel anxious just going to the hospital for a routine appointment, I'll be a lot more at ease in my home, with my OH and mum there.

Hope all goes well for you, wonder who will go first!!!

I dunno, but I had a stitch in my cervix until yesterday (my cervix can't be relied on to keep a baby in unless it's stitched- my first baby came too early- so that's the way I do it now, to keep 'em in), AND the baby is fully engaged- so I feel as if I'm not gonna be long :|

... and yours is a first- and "they" do say first babies are more likely to be late ( :shock: )-

so maybe I'll get there first?

or maybe I won't, if I keep my legs crossed?? (I once dreamed I was having a baby, and I didn't want to take my knickers off in front of anyone!!)

TM

ive changed my mind too-far too late now though, my waters have gone and contractions started-iam in agony already and only just 2cm. :shock:
Hoping it all starts moving quickly soon!

Oh, Jo33-
Go for it, Girl!
You're next!!!!

TM

ps. FAR too late for you, now!!

I'm only 28 weeks and thought I was the only person here who is panicing about that part! Everyone else seemed sooooooooo focused on how lovely it will be to meet the baby that they weren't even thinking about the labour! I feel relieved to know there are more of you out there but hope it all happens smoothly and as painlessly as possible for you (and me....and everyone else!)

A x

I was terrified and I mean TERRIFIED!! Had panic attacks and everything.

I was induced as she was late, and the morning she was born, they came up to take me to labour ward (my waters had gone night before on induction)..midwife said "Lets go and have this baby" and I burst into floods of tears and was rooted to spot saying "I cant do this!! I cant go!!!" OH had to drag me down there, VERY embarrasing but if I could of gone out of there and onto a bus, I would of!!!

Funnily enough once I was there, and on drip I was so calm and relaxed!! Even later that night when I had a c section as I hadnt progressed, I was laughing and joking!! It was an amazing experience!! You forget everything I promise!! Just enjoy every moment, its magic xxx

I have gone back to denial that I am ever going into labour...its something that happens to toher pg people LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back