• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it too early to visit the doctor???

Mum_2besoon

Reaction score
I came of the pill in september 07 and been trying for a baby properly since december 07. My other half is ok with it and taking it easy whilst me on the other hand am really worried and I just want a baby :lol: he thinks a baby is easy to make so I have suggested we go see the doctor to get some advise etc...but will the doctor push us away as we haven't been ttc for a long time?

For the past two weeks I have finally started taking folic acid, vitamin b6, and evening primrose oil. Is there anything else I should be taking?

Plus I have convienced my husband to start taking zinc (his reply is I will take anything)

Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed for this month.

It can take months for normal healthy couples (and sometimes years) to conceive a baby. Its normal for couples to be trying at least 18 months before going to the doctor. I dont think he will do anything out of the ordinary as you have only been TTC for 6 weeks! Just be patient and give it some time. I conceived the first time in 2 months but ive now been trying for baby no.2 for 10 months... good luck! x

I dont think the doctor would see you until you have been trying for over a year if you and your partner are under 30. If you are over 30 I think you still have to be trying for over 6 months before they will see you.

However if you are prepared to go to the Doctor just for advice then Im sure that will be fine, but they wouldnt do the tests until you have been trying for a year.

I went to the Doc back in June 07 for something else and then mentioned that we had just started TTC. The Doc just advised us to eat healthily, try and get to a healthy weight, do a little exercise, cut out smoking, cut down on drinking, me to take folic acid and multi-vits and him to take zinc and multi-vits. He said to come back earlier if my cycles were not regular or anything was obviously wrong. There isnt anything obviously wrong with us, but we have still been trying for 10 months. We wont go back to the docs until after 12 months have gone.

Can't really add anything that the others have said except to say good luck.

Also, only take the evening primrose oil capsules up until you ovulate.

Bagpuss17 said:
Can't really add anything that the others have said except to say good luck.

Also, only take the evening primrose oil capsules up until you ovulate.

Thanks for this infor I didn't know that :angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back