Is it really necassary to bed every other day?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by CazH, Jan 1, 2008.

1. CazH

CazH Well-Known Member

I find bedding every other day very difficult as busy working hours and tiredness. Is this affecting me not concieving do you think?? I also want to know would taking Folic Acid every day help me concieve. Due to me trying 7 mths so far i'd be full of folic with no baby!

2. Snuggle

Snuggle Well-Known Member

You dont have to BD every day, just try doing it lots in your fertile days. Folic acid is taken to prevent spina bifida so you probably dont have to take it while TTC (I did though) but you should take it in early pregnancy :hug:

3. skairdykat

skairdykat Well-Known Member

I've read and heard that BDing 2-3 times per week is enough to get PG.

4. Loola

Loola Well-Known Member

We dont BD anywhere near every other day (unfortunately). We do it when we feel like and then every other day in the week of ovulation. I have a feeling my OH may have a low sperm count so its best for us not to do it too often as it will use up all his strong swimmers at the wrong time.

5. CB23

CB23 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine swears every third day and it took her five weeks to get her BFP. And she has highly irregular cycles.

6. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

you should be taking folic acide 3 months before you concieve is the advice..it won't help you concive but should you it increases the chances your baby wil be healthy.

As fro bd ing we went through Iui and were adivsed against sex for 48 hours prior to ovulation and advised to do it as often as poss during ovulation

iYou should also have regular sex outside ovulation which helps keep sperm count up.

if you suspect low seprm count zinc and vit c sent my DH's sperm count through the roof

good luck

7. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

Well this month, we have bd every day, before,during and after OV - just in case :shock: :shock:
    Said to DH last night that I can't keep this up!! Can't do another month like this. Think we have only managed this because we have both been off work and nothing on the tv this Christmas....... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

8. Slinky Sarah

Slinky Sarah Well-Known Member

we manage about 3 times a week with us being apart.....

9. Bagpuss17

Bagpuss17 Well-Known Member

It's a very difficult question to answer.

If you have irregular cycles and don't know when you are ovulating, BD'ing every other day might be a good idea or at least every couple of days.

However, if you have regular cycles and know when you ovulate, then you can time your BD'ing for the few days leading up to ovulation and the day after. I did this with my son and got pregnant the 2nd month of trying once I knew when I ovulated.

My cycles are not so regular after having my son so we are BD'ing every other day at the moment.

A friend of mine got pregnant with both her kids just by BD'ing once in her cycle.

What works for one couple might not work for another...

If you are TTC, best to start taking folic acid now.

Good luck!

10. marge

marge Well-Known Member

We normally only get to BD at the weekend as DH lives in Holland but comes home most weekends..............however over xmas it was every other day and then twice the day before I ovulated - think DH has been put off sex for life!! :rotfl:

Although I tried to make things interesting he was so sick of BD that he went on strike for a few days!! Luckily this was just after I O'd so I wasnt to worried - lets hope we caught the eggie! :wink:

11. CazH

CazH Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your advice gals! Thank god I dont have to bed every other day it was getting a chore not a pleasure.

Good luck to everyone for 2008 babies!

Go spermies SWIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. libs

libs Well-Known Member

oh go on - its only 5 minutes work :wink:

my GP says that although folic acid doesn't help to concieve, she recommends it for women who have had early mc with no cause as they may be the result of an abnormality in the foetus - which could be spina bifida - so anything which helps against that is for the good :D

13. Mum_2besoon

Mum_2besoon Well-Known Member

My DH has suggested everyday this month :lol: we shall see. But honestly don't think we will be able to :sleep: