• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it safe to take in pregnancy ?

Guadagnia

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Ive recently been suffering, in fact I think I have a throat/ear infection.
I will get myself off to the docs tomorrow, but is it safe to take paracetamol and nurofen ?

I need to go to the docs anyway to ask for some iron tablets for the tiredness etc... Bye the way as anybody had any antibiotics prescribed whilst pregnant.

You wouldnt think Ive already been pregnant once, but it seems like such a long time ago.

Nurofen def isn't, not sure about paracetamol- I would try and contact a Sunday pharmacist before you take anything...

Hope you feel better soon

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for that, you from my neck of the woods, Im a derbyshire lass
A big :wave:

Paracetamol is fine take as normal, but thats it as far as medicines are concerned xx

Doc told me that paracetamol was fine to take during pregnancy. Just take the correct dose.

Anti-biotics???? I am not sure, I was told by my GP that amoxosillin (sp) was the safest one to take for a urine infection while TTC. (just incase I was pregnant)

Hope this helps... xxx

I had brochitis whilst pregnant and was given amoxycillin. Paracetemol is fine too. Just watch out for thrush tough, I got it and passed it to Aimee during the birth :(

Hi there,

Just to confirm what advice you've had already...

You can take paracetamol. You cannot take any other painkillers including ibuprofen (nurofen).

I have been prescribed the antibiotic amoxicillin by my dentist. She assured me it was safe during pregnancy. I checked with a doc, and the pharmacist before taking it! It is safe!

Hope you're better soon!

my doc told me on friday.. its ok to take paracetamol.. but nurofen is defintely a big NO NO

Paracetamol is fine. I was advise to take 2 every 4hours when I had my water infection a few weeks ago.

Hope you feel better soon hun

But don't take more than 8 paracetamol tablets within 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back