Is it possible to make a good site for free?

Reaction score
I want to have a separate onw devoted to one of my hobbies, photography but I don't have much money for this and I heard that site building is an expensive thing. Is this true? What can you recommend me?

It's true for custom-designed sites which are usually made for big business. Such sites usually have very cool and unique design, many interesting and convinient functions and so on, that's why making them takes much time and is really an expensive thing. But for such case as yours there are many methods of making a totally free site with a good quality :)
First of all you should register domain name for it. Then your main things will be content, design and site's functions, for all of these you'll need a special web building platform. There are really many of them but for such newbie as you I really recommend Wordpress, it's a free one and very easy for using even for total beginners, you'll need only some basic tech skills for working with it :)
And in case of design just use web templates, with them building of your site won't take no more than several days. For example, photography portfolio wordpress theme https://www.templatemonster.com/category/design-photography-wordpress-themes/ is rather popular and simple to find, in case of templates you'll get ready site models which you can easy change according to your needs. That's why they're a very good choice for newbies too, besides they're usually cheap or even free so in this case you won't need a great budget.
But I should mention that free ones rather often have limits for some functions, design and upgrades so decide firstly which certain ones you need before choosing them.
Good luck! :)

Wordpress is your best bet. It has free templates and most of the professional sites are Wordpress based now.

Wordpress is what you need. You will handle it easily. Other free platforms are such hard to work with...

Wordpress is free and easy to use. You can find beautiful free templates or buy professional templates. Wordpress is the best option. You can create website on blogspot.

Last edited:
yes it is possible but you have to buy a domain and hosting, Themes you can find free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back