Is it normal to feel normal?

dpsrm

Reaction score
I'm 10 weeks today and in weeks 5-8 I was feeling really nauseous and tired and irritable and after week 9 I've started feeling normal as if I weren't pregnant and I'm starting to get worried

has anyone else felt like this?

Hi Dpsrm,

Yes, I've been lucky too! This is my 3rd pregnancy and, as with the other two, I haven't been sick. I felt sick in the mornings and evenings until about 8 weeks, but I've been feeling great since. I'm not even as moody as I was in the first 2 months. My boobs are bigger though and I have a little pot belly (probably bloating) which is noticeable. The only other symptoms I have is increased vaginal discharge and that I feel tired a lot - though again, not as much as the first few weeks.

I had a private scan at 9 weeks, so I had reassurance from that.

Don't believe all the "hype" - you don't have to be throwing up and throwing plates to be pregnant :D

Congratulations - enjoy your trouble-free stage for now - you have a lot of discomfort (or maybe not!) to look forward to in the later stages.
Wendy
xx

i felt like this,
i didnt actually believe i was pregnant until i had my first scan at 13 weeks
Its perfectly normal to feel normal because you are still early on in pregnancy :D
dont worry :hug:

i felt like this early on too. i did feel nausious (sp) and tired but as they started to go i did spend a week or so feeling like i wasnt pg anymore

Oh I went through that stage around the 10 week marker too. I went crying to my doctor because of it (she's a gem and a half I tell ya!) anyway she told me it's an initial surge of hormones which then settle a little (the "normal" feeling period) then kick in again with real tiredness etc untill nearer the T2 marker. I went home feeling really silly but I was so distresssed when I got there that I was no longer pregnant or something. Gosh I was a mess....doc was right though the tiredness re-appeared with avengence....I needed not worried at all, it's my first though I have no idea what to expect etc.

Yeah I was the same - symptoms stopped at just over 10 weeks and I was convinced it was over. Even now there are many days that I don't feel pregnant and have to touch my big belly to convince myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back