Is it hormones?

lisey

Reaction score
I have been feeling a bit up and down this last week, quite snappy and generally people just irritate me! This I can cope with but I just keep feeling immense guilt that I am a rubbish mum to my son, I havent had a lot of energy so been hard to do many activities. He is actually happy about this but I just feel like I am failing him. He has autism so there are various speech therapy and occupational therapy activities I have to do but I just feel overwhelmed by it last few days cos I am drained as it is. His behaviour can be tricky sometimes and he cried when i told him to go to his room yesterday to calm down :( I think he cried more cos he knew he had done wrong but i felt like crying too. I have been struggling to sleep at night last couple of nights cos of overthinking and worrying.
Everyone always says I am a good mum and I should be proud of what I do but I just feel like rubbish and feel like crying. Do you think its just hormones playing tricks with my emotions? X

Hiya

Please stop feeling guilty! It's probably a mixture of hormones and exhaustion and stress. I feel guilty re my 8 year old too but I'm very hormonal n secretly keep crying at nothing these past few days :-/

My nephew is autistic n he's my fave little man in the world n he adores me so us good- but still a real handful! N that's without me needing to commit to his additional care needs so it's understandable you'll feel exhausted and over whelmed

My daughter is partially deaf n had to go up town for hospital appt the other day n got lost I nearly had a full blown crying tantrum on the platform lol

You have to make yourself a priority too! Take time to try n ease back a bit n get some rest n don't feel guilty for it

I bet you're a great mum, just don't be so hard on yourself

Hiya

Please stop feeling guilty! It's probably a mixture of hormones and exhaustion and stress. I feel guilty re my 8 year old too but I'm very hormonal n secretly keep crying at nothing these past few days :-/

My nephew is autistic n he's my fave little man in the world n he adores me so us good- but still a real handful! N that's without me needing to commit to his additional care needs so it's understandable you'll feel exhausted and over whelmed

My daughter is partially deaf n had to go up town for hospital appt the other day n got lost I nearly had a full blown crying tantrum on the platform lol

You have to make yourself a priority too! Take time to try n ease back a bit n get some rest n don't feel guilty for it

I bet you're a great mum, just don't be so hard on yourself

Thanks so much for your kind words :) I am always hard on myself but am finding I am worse the last few days so prob is a mix of hormones and exhaustion like you said. Its a horrible feeling though. He is super happy though and keeps telling me to lay down and go to bed....not cos he wants me to rest but cos it means no OT or speech therapy lol cheeky boy. Thanks again, I am sure we will feel better in the coming months x

Lol he does sound cheeky :) smart too lol! How old is he?

He is 11 but his maturity age (as they call it) is a lot younger. He is very clever and crafty ;) x

I feel like this with my stepson but don't worry it's only temporary xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back