Is anyone else worrying this much..!?

douglasxox

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

After what felt like an age of trying (was 4 months in real time) I finally got a BFP on Saturday! I've done about 7 tests because I just still can't believe it. I've worked out I'm around 3/4 weeks and have been experiencing a lot of nausea and my boobs are so tender!

Is it normal to worry so much about everything?! My sister had a mc just before her 12 week scan and my Mum had one also, and was threatened mc with myself and my siblings.

Do you think it would be unreasonable to visit my GP and see about an early scan? I was just going to wait and not see anyone until my 8 week appt with the midwife as I'm so early on I don't even know if an early scan would detect anything!!

Any advice appreciated!

Hey! Yes, we all seem to worry non-stop in Tri 1!!

I'm not sure your Doc will give you an early scan unless you are bleeding, and are at least 6 or 7 weeks as there's nothing to see before that!

Try to relax and stay positive!

xxx

That's exactly what I thought - I didn't want to go and appear like a mad woman worrying over nothing!

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one worrying over everything! Phew, roll on the 12 week scan and hopefully I can rest my mind for a while!

Yes completely normal I was a lot worse I tested until 11 weeks with my first 7 weeks with this pregnancy I compared the darkness and lightness of the lines and everything. Don't think you will get a scan to be honest as if we all went to our doctor worrying with no bleeding etc there would be thousands each day. I've had 2 miscarriages myself so know how awful they are but try relax and enjoy your pregnancy I know it's hard though x

Ah thanks, I just needed someone to put my thoughts into perspective I think. So sorry about your losses, I can't even imagine how that feels. I really appreciate the advice- thank you! :) Trying to just take big deep breaths and get on with it!! Xx

I had a miscarriage in May, so have been really worried with this pregnancy. Dr won't refer for scan unless you have bleeding or pain. Or 3 miscarriages in a row. I couldn't take it, so booked a private scan at 6 weeks. Cost £100, but was worth it to put my mind at ease. Nothing much to see, but she confirmed it was a new pregnancy, everything was where it should be and also checked ovaries.

I hadn't thought of that as an option, actually. I will see how I go - I think my worrying is just natural and to be honest just speaking to you all has made a difference!

Hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy xx

It's only natural to worry. I had a mc as well, 2 years ago now, so I feel as though I'm almost waiting for something to go wrong. OH keeps trying to calm me down but you can't help but panic until you see the bean for the first time (it is going to be a LONG 6 weeks for me). Even then I'm not sure i'll relax, haha!

I'm sure everything will be fine for you! Docs probably wont give you one unless you have had any issues, but look at it this way - symptoms are always a good thing! Wishing you a healthy 9 months :) x

I think you may be allowed an early scan due to family history of mc. I was given one due to age (36), use of fertility drugs, recent failed IVF and some emotional trauma. Let's just say I have a very understanding GP.

Don't worry hun, I've been worrying since I had my BFP also. I think it's natural in Tri1.

My sister had a miscarriage a few months ago (and is now pregnant again!) but when that happened I immediately cried because it's what I've always worried about. I do feel like rushing to the loo everytime I have a pain and making sure I try not to do anything that could cause it, but at the end of the day I just need to relax and get on with each day.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now, just take each day as it comes. xx

if it's not normal to be a paranoid worried wreck in 1st tri - then there are a lot of abnormal ladies on here, lol!

I have had 2 miscarriages and i am still not entitled to an early scan - so I either wait for my 12-13 week one or pay for a private on which is £100 where I live!

I got my bfp 7 days ago and have tested every day since! and the extra cm the other day, had me dashing to the loo to check if AF had arrived!

I had a private scan, it cost me £90 but I had it at 6weeks as I hadn't had any symptoms & was concerned. Saw the sac & heartbeat & it was very reassuring! I'm now 30+4 & all is well so far......& I've never had any symptoms! x

Thank you all, honestly it's so helpful reading these replies!

I might go and see my GP just for a chat, as I said I got my BFP last week and wasn't planning seeing anyone until my 8 week check but I think it will be wise to just even have a talk with my GP! I'm trying not to think about the family history of mc but it seems to be all I'm thinking about! X

it is completely normal to worry about everythin ...every ache pain cramp...its all perfectly normal xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back