Is anyone else out there on/been on Heprin/Clexane?

Flame

Reaction score
I need some advice from someone who is also on it or been on it.

I did my injection in my tummy as usual tonight but i did it about a centimeter higher than the other ones i did as it was getting a bit tough to get the injection in, the nurse today said i can go higher or lower than i had been. Anyway it is really sore and quite bruised now, its never been this sore or bruised before.

Has anyone else had bruising from it?

It can give you quite bad bruising especially if you didn't go in to the skin enough or didn't wait a few seconds before pulling the needle out nce finished... so this is normal it will still be absorbed by your body ... it is adviseable to move the injection site around as if you do it in the same place everytime then you can get very sore... you can inject it anywhere where there is a bit of flesh!!! Most women do tummy hips or thighs..... but if your going to be injecting it for a long time you may have to move onto tops or arms too.......

This should have been explained to you by your practice nurse... if you are unsure then go back to see her.... :)

Good luck!

Thanks Lyndsey, i can sleep without worrying to much now :D

It was explained that i can do it in other places, she said in my thigh would be ok but i think it will be a bit to sore to do there so i am trying to do it where i am comfortable doing it for now. But she has worried me cause she asked if there had been any bruising or reactions and this morning the answer was no, but now it has bruised quite a lot and is pretty sore.

Why do i have to be so awkward.

Hiya Flame

They can be quite sore can't they?

Its quite normal to have bruising from these injections. I had horrendous bruising when injecting into my abdomen. I eventually switched to my thigh and found I bruised less and they didn't sting as much.

Here, one of my many Clexane bruises!
Belly30wksa.jpg

Ouch!! Thats looks very sore, i feel bad for complaining now, mine is nowhere near as bad as that. :?

Your welcome flame

Alot of times nurses forget that non medical people haven't got a clue when it comes to medication let alone injections and it can be very scary not knowing what going on..... ( I am guilty of doing this myself and I am a nurse :oops: )

Glad to know that you are reassured.. as for injection sites - do whats comfortable for you..... there is no right or wrong only sore and very sore!! :shock:

Lyndsey

hi flame im on clexane injections and i found i bruised quite badly until i got used to doing them now i only bruise now and again usually just left with a little red dot :hug: hope your soreness settles soon xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back