Irritable womb?

BKR123

Reaction score
I've been told I have this, but not what it is! Anybody heard of it/got it too? It's extremely painful!! If anyone knows what can ease it, that would be great :D x

I've never heard of it. It doesn't sound nice though :-(

Xx

I've got it. Basically something is causing your uterus to be irritated, which causes painful tightenings/contractions, I have them almost daily and have been admitted 3times due to it. When I'm put on the monitor I usually have tightening peaks every few mins but they are short and sharp unlike labour contractions. Mine is usually accompanied with bleeding but not always. I've been told rest (which is hard with an 18month old!), and keeping hydrated are the best things to do. I've been told baby will be early and I've been booked in for induction at 39weeks incase he hasn't arrived by then. It's very tiring and uncomfortable and I keep thinking I'm going into labour! I hope it settles a little or you x

Oh dear :( I've also been admitted 3 times! Did you ask to be induced early? I have a consultant appointment on the 9th to discuss possible induction, I'll be 39w1d. The pain is so unbearable an the thought of it going on for a possible 6 more weeks if I go over makes me cry! Can't imagine how hard it must be for you to rest with an energetic toddler to look after!!x

The pain is awful at times! Do make sure your on top of your pain relief if you need it. I find it hard because I don't want to take too much pain relief when I'm looking after my son and he doesn't stop, unless he's asleep! I requested an induction. I had been offered a c section due to problems following the birth of my first LO and had decided I would have that if he hadn't come beforehand, although I would prefer him to come naturally. When I saw my consultant I asked if I could be induced at 39weeks rather than have a c section due to the bleeding and irritability, he was happy to go with that as they would prefer a natural delivery - I thought I'd have a fight as they had said I'd have to wait until 40weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back