Irregular cycle average Ovia

kumber

Reaction score
Morning ladies! I'm just wondering what you all do when inputting your average cycle length on Ovia when you have irregular cycles? I've been changing my average cycle length depending on when I ov but I'm wondering do I need to do that?

Do you have any standard length that seems to repeat? I had cycles of 33, 41, 33 and 33 when I started, and Ovia averaged them all out, giving me an 'expected' cycle of 35, which is obviously much less likely than another 33.

My last four months have been 35, 30, 30 and 31, and Ovia is now adjusting to 33.

I don't think you need to self-adjust though, do you? I thought Ovia did it all for you. What sort of numbers are you looking at? Huge variation or not so much?

I let it adjust it for me, my cycles are so varied (24-169 days over the last 4 years) it is very difficult to even guess. If you go over your cycle length it just goes blank for a few days with the predictions until something new happens. I found it useful for logging my information rather than relying on it telling me when my fertile window is and for that it doesn't matter how accurate it predicts your cycle length. I did opks and temping to clue me in for my fertile window.

Thanks ladies, this is helpful so much appreciated :)

My cycles range from anythingetting between 27 and 36 so huge variations which is why I was manually changing the average. I also don't rely on it for fertile periods, I opk from CD8 or 9 and only input info. I might just stick it as 30 days and let her work it out herself. Give the patronising cow something to do :lol:

I like ovia because it adjusts itself. My cycles are irregular too but ovia is usually right within a few days of AF. Don't know how but fertility friend was never that accurate for me

It should change itself for you. Mine where 32-46 days and it changed it for me depending when I had af etc, I think I put 29 days originally I can't actually remember xxx

Do most of you find that ovia predict your fertile days correct according to opks? Do they normally tally?

Do most of you find that ovia predict your fertile days correct according to opks? Do they normally tally?

Nope! She's not a million miles away, but usually one or two days out. As far as I'm concerned she's useful for keeping my records, not for predicting my days or giving me 'helpful' advice (I'll wsit until I've been ttc for at least a year before thinking abput IVF, cheers Ovia)

After inputting that af had arrived and logging it for 5 days, aswell as entering numerous negative pregnancy tests, she then put a message up to say that I may have had a false negative test and to test again!!! Whats that all about??????

After inputting that af had arrived and logging it for 5 days, aswell as entering numerous negative pregnancy tests, she then put a message up to say that I may have had a false negative test and to test again!!! Whats that all about??????

GOOD GRIEF! She needs to calm down. I'm done with her advice, I'm using her as a calendar and nothing more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back