Introducing my baby girl... (6 weeks later)

flossey

Reaction score
i don't really know if many of you will remember me as I wasn't much of a regular poster, and always meant to get on and update you with my birth but never got round to it. Well here it goes, might be a bit long so thanks to those of you who take time to read it :)

I was due on the 19th April, went for a sweep the following Thursday (26th April) which didn't move me but just hurt like a b*tch! lol. Then was given Tuesday 1st May to be taken into be induced. I woke up Monday 30th April at about 5.30am in the morning with bad cramps, which were coming, but not in a regular pattern but i still thought nothing of it, eventually got out of bed at around 9pm because I couldn't get back to sleep. Got up and got dressed and ready as contractions were coming closer together but still not close enough, but decided i'd go upto the hospital to get checked. At about 11.30am my waters broke, so we rushed upto the hospital, they checked me and confirmed that yes my waters had definatley broke, but still the contractions were 7-10mins apart so they sent me home and told me to come back if there was a raise in my temperature or if the waters changed colour. I couldn't get back to sleep because the contractions were getting more intense, but tried to sit it out as long as I could because I didn't want to go back to hospital to be told to go back home. So at about 1.30am the Monday night/Tuesday morning (after still not having slept) I went to the toilet and my pad had brown staining, so I phoned the maternity ward and they told me to come up straight away.

I was monitored for about 40mins or so then sent straight down to delivery where I was given gas and air, it helped a lot with the contractions, they were still sore but definatley manageable. Then at around 6.30am they were getting really bad so the anesthetist came down to give me an epidural which worked for about an hour or so, so ended up getting 2 more top ups of the epidural, but unfortunatley it was numbing upwards on my belly rather than downwards and down below. Then around 11am I was getting awful urges to push but the nurses were telling me to try and hold out for another bit because the baby was back to back inside of me and they were saying she would turn as she made her way down. So a lot of time passed with me crying and shouting my head off in pain, crying because I hadn't slept from I woke at 5.30am the previous morning and shouting my head off in pain, well that speaks for itself! lol.

My beautiful daughter Mia (me-a) was born at 1.35pm on the 1st May weighing a whopping 9lb9oz! It was truely the most magical moment of my life seeing her for the first time :) She's doing great now, she was 6 weeks yesterday and had her 6 week review today, she's now upto 11lb4oz and a heavy little lump at that! I hope all the rest of you are enjoying motherhood as much as I am! I'll try and link a picture here, don't know if it will work though!

Thanks to those of you who took time to read, and its a bit rushed as I'm tired but knew if I didn't do it now I never would! lol xxx

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/149379_10151567280230456_723105435_n.jpg (this was her at 5hours old, length of her! lol)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/521487_10151780203305456_1863209075_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543571_10151794254180456_1539095998_n.jpg (LOVE this one!!)

Awww... She's lovely! Congrats! :)

Aaawwww she's beautiful! Well done hunny xxxxxxxxx

Congratulations, what a beautiful little girl you have :love:

Welcome back! Congrats on getting thru it all and on ur gorgeous baby girl :)

Many congratulations! What a beautiful name, as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back