Introducing Jacob Thomas

Lynsey

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your lovely messages and to Jaidy for keeping you all updated. I think I have just got over the shock now of actually having him! My waters broke when I got up on Tuesday morning and I think I was still in denial that I was actually in labour until I was 8cm dilated! :rotfl:

Everything just happened so quickly. One minute they had told me that I had definitely ruptured my membrane and that I would have to stay in hospital until I went into labour (which they said could have taken days/weeks :shock: ) and then the next minute I was having contractions every couple of minutes and was told I was 7cm dilated. He came out after an hour of pushing with his hand next to his head (just to make it harder for me!)

He is in special care but doing well. I am now home but have been spending my days at the hospital with him. He is still being fed by a tube every 3 hours using my expressed milk and we are just waiting for him to start getting the suckling reflex that prem babies have to learn so we can get him breast feeding. Once this happens, we can go home which they are estimating will be in about a week and a half. I just want him home now!

Here are a couple of pictures...

jacobthomas1.gif

jacobthomas.gif

Love Lyns and Jacob x

p.s> Congrats to everyone who has had their babies while I have been away! :cheer:

Awwwwwwwwwwww, he is wonderful! Congrats to you, and I'm sure he'll be home before you know it :hug:

Congratulations Lynsey!
He's gorgeous!
Must've been such a shock! I still can't believe he's here! He looks well though and a good size!
Well done!
Lucyx

glad hes doing well, what a shock. Hope he is home with you very soon.

hope you are well also. take care xx :hug:

p.s he is so gorgeous :dance:

He's adorable Lynsey, you'll be so glad to get him home, congratulations hun :hug: :cheer:

:hug: Awww bless him, hes so cute :D , congratulations :clap:

thats got to be the best xmas pressie i've ever seen!!!!

congrats & enjoy him :hug: :hug:

he is gorgeous. Congratulations, I hope he is home with you soon :D

Oh Lynds, hes a poppet!! So gorgeous, well done you!! I was so shocked when Jaidy posted news, it frightened the life out if me as we were due same day!!!

He looks like he is doing great, and he will be home before you know it, my niece was born same age as Jacob and was home within 2 weeks, so you will defo have him home v.v.soon

You sound like you did a grand job at the birth, what a gal!!

Take care and enjoy your beautiful son xxxxxxx

Congratulations on your tiny bundle of joy.
xxx

He is beautiful so snuggly!!

Santa came early for you

Hope he is home for xmas and hope everything goes well chick

Congratz

He is so perfect Lyns, a lovely little chap. Here's hoping he learns how to suck real soon so you can bring him home :hug:

awww Lynsey, he is sooo gorgeous, congratulations and hope you get him home soon :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back