• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Internal examination?

scaredbuthappy

Reaction score
Silly question maybe but i am 28 weeks pregnant and was just wondering when or if i have to have an internal examination?
I always assumed when i became pregnant that i would have to have one or is this something that isnt done anymore?
Ive had check-ups i.e external examinations like the midwife feeling my belly but ive never had anything internally.
Hope i dont have to :roll:

I wondered this too.
I know in labour i can choose not to have internals, cos they can see that labour is progressing well without it, so i would assume the same would apply before hand.
i dont want internals, simply because i dont want some stranger up there and feeling around for my baby, and in a way it makes her birth less natural. If anyones going to have their hands up there its me, and if i go over due i'll try a DIY sweep lol
But then again, this is coming from a women whos shitting herself about a bikini wax (how am i meant to give birth with people around)

I haven't had one yet and i've been in hosp a few times... think its just during labour and only then if you want it?

Unless you have particular worries earlier then the first internals would be to check how far dilated you are in labour.

From my experience last time and this time, I had no internals until going overdue when I had a membrane sweep, then from going into hospital there always seemed to be someone having a look :roll:

No internals until labour as far as i am aware. Then if labour doesnt start it will be at a Term+8 sweep for me.

I don't think they do internals anymore routinely unless you're in labour, overdue, or there's a problem, such as bleeding.
I think you can refuse them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back