Inlaws digging a hole for themselves...

LouiseB

Reaction score
My in-laws have strong opinions about people with ginger hair, even their own relatives with ginger hair are seen as the unfortunate ones.

It's playground stuff really but what they don't seem to appreciate is that i also have ginger hair on my side of the family...

I feel that the chances of me having a ginger child are slim, but enough to be taken seriously, and the things that they are saying are really starting to get my back up.

They are saying things that are offensive and that they can't take back if my child comes out ginger.

Words like ugly and weird.

I happen to like ginger hair but even when i argued that it can be nice, my sil said that it never looks right but she's one to talk!

If they keep on and my baby comes out ginger, i'll never let them near it.

Why are they so thoughtless :eh:

its funny that people think gingers different...OH's brother said to me the other day "if it comes out ginger you best dye its hair every day" my come back was"1. its a girl, not 'it'. 2. ginger isnt as bad as being a stuck up twat!" i really dont get it, its a bloody hair colour! some people have black, blonde, grey, ginger, its fully normal, cant understand myself!! OH's dad is ginger so who knows!? i may have a ginger baby, but it doesnt matter to me one bit! id rather she was ginger than have health issues!
Tell em to stick their comments, they'l be sorry if your baby is born ginger, not a lot they can do about it really!xx

my ex MIL is like that! and tbh i joked around like, if she's ginger i'm sticking her back up there to cook longer :lol: but it was all in jest! FOBs cousin is ginger and she's openly rude about ginger people infront of him! her first words when he was born and she went to see him were "jesus christ its ginger!" :shock: anyway, i was secretly dead chuffed in an up yours kinda way when Ks hair went ginger!! nowt wrong with it, but some people just dont think!!

I LOVE ginger hair. I do, I adore it. My gran had ginger hair.
I cannot believe how rude and ignorant your in laws are! :hugs:

Last edited:
My mum and OH are both ginger, I like it. Zach has got a hint of red in certain lights, I don't know what the big deal is! I must admit I didn't want him to be ginger though for that reason, peoples stupid opinions!! I think they are out of order, and if she is ginger make sure you make them feel really guilty!

ginger is less common nowadays!! so at least they are unique!! stuff what people say my mam n some of my family are ginger!! yea i rag em messing about but if anyone said it constantly n in the wrong way then i go mad cos its just a hair colour it doesnt make the person!! x

When my husband was born he had ginger hair and skin! He always tell me that the nurses told his mom that there was no chance that they would get him mixed up with any of the other babies, as there was no mistaking him from the other babies with his orange hair and skin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back