infant gaviscon

ozzy

Reaction score
hi, my baby is currently on infant gaviscon since leaving hospital 5 weeks ago. i just woundered how you give your lo Gavison. I am still giving the same amount when he left hospital but that was when he was having 60ml/2 oz of milk he is now 7 1/2 ib and i am still giving him the same amount however his feed has gone up to 120 ml/4 oz. just woundered how you give your lo infant gaviscon ? i have looked at the instructions for the dose but dont understand it !? mmm perhaps i should pop to the pharmacy tomorrow and ask them . :oops:

Its based on your childs weight. My Son was on this.
I found this:
Breast-fed infants: under 4.5kg (10lb) - 1 dose. Over 4.5kg (10lb) - 2 doses. Add 5ml of cooled, boiled water to the powder in a glass. Mix to a smooth paste and add another 10ml of water to the mix. Give after each feed, using a spoon or feeding bottle.

Bottle-fed infants: Under 4.5kg (10lb) - 1 dose to be mixed into not less than 115ml of each feed in the bottle and shaken well. Over 4.5kg (10lb) - 2 doses to be mixed into not less than 225ml of each feed in the bottle and shaken well.

leland has one in every daytime feed in 6 oz , and 2 in 7 oz at his night feed ( 2am to 4 am )
and his 11lb

i didnt get it either as myt consultant said 2 sachets but on the packet i dont make enough forumla to have 2 sachets in !

mmmm. do u add cooled boiled water to one sachet or do u just empty the whole sachet into the bottle? its only cos the hospital told me to amix one sachet to 20 ml of water and then add 5 ml to every feed each time. but his full term now and weighs 8b so thought i should do it as per the pack . i asked the pharmacy and she did not have a clue.

forgot to ask. do u find the gaviscon makes milk thick. its a pain i have tried mam teats and avent teats and it still seems to block the flow.what teats do u use ? thanks . im using teat size 2

thats one of the mains point of it .

im using tommee tippee variflow but am having some overflow problems but the size 1 where too slow/hard work so i might try a normal size two .

do you have a consultant check up soon ? or u can always ring your registra

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back