Early induction??

Jessika

Reaction score
Hi all, hope all ladies and bumps are doing well...

Went to midwife this morning and just wanted some reassurance really...I was diagnosed with SPD a while back - have recently been given a brace and crutches as it is really quite painful to walk. I asked the MW about early induction as giving birth is the only thing that will stop the SPD, she said she would wait till 36 weeks then refer me to a consultant who would probably induce between 38-39 weeks. All of this sounds great but i suppose i just want o know the safety of it all and what they would actually do? Do i get a choice in how i am induced or are there options..please help!!!

Sorry for the long post xxxx

There are different ways of inducing, sometimes they may just try by breaking your waters.......if they can get to them!!

They may try a hormone pessary or a drip as well. I would think that 38-39 weeks would be better if you can hold on as you will be looking at a longer induction/labour if the baby isn't ready to come out yet.

Much love

I had to be induced when i had Jack, i was 37 weeks, i was really nervous but it was ok I'll give you quick rundown to hopefully put your mind at ease

10am went in to hospital and had a pessery inserted (not as bad as you think) and was hooked up to a monitor.
They said would check 4hrs later and repeat if nessacery

2pm Had waters Broken( quite uncomfortable but not too bad)

4pm checked me and was starting to dilate.

Kept checking me and was dilating ok

had Jack at 9.47 pm

If you look through back posts i asked similar question and got some brill replies

Good luck hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back