Indie - G Diabetes

Mik

Reaction score
Hi Indie, thought I would do a seperate thread after your reply to my hossie thread,

Saw a diabetic dietician on Monday and have the kit to measure blood sugars but am not on insulin how high have your sugars been? Mine have been 8 - 8.5 so not massively high
Fundal measurements have been about right for dates I had a growth scan at 28 weeks due to high BP and he was measuring 2 weeks ahead on all measurements now 5 weeks later by the scan measurements he s measuring 3 weeks ahead on most and 4 weeks on head circumference
I have only put on 1 kg so far during the pregnancy but I was overweight to start with and don't really have any typical diabetic signs like increased thirst, more trips to the loo, apart from excessive tiredness but then I am disabled with a chronic illness which causes fatigue so who knows what that is down to :rotfl:
One thing I did get out of the dr is that if the high blood sugars aren't controlled then baby produces more insulin to deal with them then when he is born he still has loads of insulin but not the high sugar. This means he is effectively born with low blood sugar so being on insulin stops that happening.
If I find out anything I will let you know please do the same maybe between us we can figure it all out :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

my sugars have been around 9-11 when measured 2 hours after food and she wanted them under 7.5 so started me on insulin
only started yesterday on a low dose and sugars have been high all day again so suspect they may increase the dose which is pretty normal i think
noone has said anything about impact on delivery etc yet but will ask on friday, not sure if they tend to induce or not
i have been really tired and thirsty, frequent loo breaks
i will let you know what happens when i see the docs on friday

nice to have someone to chat to about this- i know GD isnt that big a deal, I suspect ultimately my high blood pressure is gonna cause more of an issue, but nice to share experiences with somone

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back