In tears on the bus

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I'm such an idiot sometimes! Got halfway to work (first day back) burst into tears and got on the bus home again. I'm just so worried about something happening to the baby since this test! I must look and sound like a right idiot and now I've got to ring the boss and explain why I need another day off!

Don't think you're a idiot hun, it's a very trying time for you at the moment. With the test and all the hormones in your system at the moment it's very understanable that you want to stay in your comfort zone and do everything you can to protect your LO.

xx

I'm such an idiot sometimes! Got halfway to work (first day back) burst into tears and got on the bus home again. I'm just so worried about something happening to the baby since this test! I must look and sound like a right idiot and now I've got to ring the boss and explain why I need another day off!

why dont you book to see you doctor explain that this time is very stressful and emotinally for you at the moment and being at work isnt helpping and would they mind just signing you off work for a bit so you dont make yourself ill with stress, that way you will get paid (but not for the first 3 days u have off) as this was offered to me when i was 6 wks and had to wait a few weeks to know if i had a viable pregnancy or not. xx

why dont you book to see you doctor explain that this time is very stressful and emotinally for you at the moment and being at work isnt helpping and would they mind just signing you off work for a bit so you dont make yourself ill with stress, that way you will get paid (but not for the first 3 days u have off) as this was offered to me when i was 6 wks and had to wait a few weeks to know if i had a viable pregnancy or not. xx

Usually takes a good week to get an appt and I don't have a midwife yet. I already booked tomorrow off to get the results but we might not get them until Friday! I'll make OH ring them every hour till we get them though!

hey hun, im prob gona sound like a right bit*h but all ur worrying cant be good for baby, maybe u shud try ur hardest to block it out until u know more? just pretend its not happening or something, :hugs: xxxx

hey hun, im prob gona sound like a right bit*h but all ur worrying cant be good for baby, maybe u shud try ur hardest to block it out until u know more? just pretend its not happening or something, :hugs: xxxx

Your probs very right. When we first went in for the test we were told there was a 2% chance of miscarriage for 2 weeks after the test and OH is adamant this is due to the stress of waiting for the results which take 2 weeks. I think part of the problem is that this morning is the first time I've been alone since the test and I'm still shook up!
Just put a film on and in bed. Waiting for my witch of a boss to ring me back tho! That's not gonna be a good call.

Usually takes a good week to get an appt and I don't have a midwife yet. I already booked tomorrow off to get the results but we might not get them until Friday! I'll make OH ring them every hour till we get them though!

my advice is dont bother with doctors lol they take too bloody long for my liking and they rarely get back to you where as midwives and that are ALOT more caring and understanding, you should have a midwife as you would have had to see one about 7 weeks for all your booking in appointments etc but dont worry instead phone up the hospital where you are likely to have the baby and say you need to be put through to your epau department they deal with pregnancies upto 20 weeks explain the situation you are in and just say is there anyway the doctor can write you a note and you will go down and pick it up and see what they say, failing that most areas have an out of hours doctor now where you basically just phone up to let them know you are going down and you can speak to a doc there - be warned you can be waiting a long time as there are no boings and you just wait till ur turn xxx good luck hun

Bless you pinkyprincess it must be hard but I agree with piglet, maybe if you get in to work it will help to take your mind off things and stop worrying for a bit. You need distraction, not time alone to brood and worry if your OH isn't around. I'm sure I sound trite and I'm not trying to belittle how awful this is for you but either try and back to work or do something to distract yourself, if only for a while. big hugs xxx

Oh darlin, you poor thing, you feeling any better now? Xx

Sort of now OH is home he keeps asking me to explain whats wrong but I can't just a bad hormone day but he doesn't get that lol!

Big hugs :hug: I totally understand how it can get on top of you. Try to give the baby some positive vibes (force yourself to lie there and count your blessings or something equally irritating, lol, or watch a good comedy that makes you laugh) and stay in bed looking after yourself as much as you can x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back