In need of a little advice please

Janeplusone

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks pregnant and 4 days today. My problem is, I quit smoking the day I found out I was pregnant (not sure if this may be part of the problem??).
My problem is, for the last month since getting over a cold my throat feels ''full'' and I constanly have lots of flem (sorry for tmi). I blow my nose as much as possible, but when it's on my throat I cannot cough it up as I then heave and am sick (and I hate hate hate being sick), so I am having to swollow it all which is very very gross and not nice!!
Any advice on how to cure this or make it more comfortable? Any advice will be deeply appreciated.
Also lately when I lie on my back, my chest feels kind of heavy and sometimes makes me cough. But I can only seem to fall asleep on my back. Hope you can help lol.
Oh and hello I'm new by the way :D Jane xx

it could well be the effect of giving up smoking, I cant remember if I had the same, you could try burning some eucalyptus oil in a burner or sniffing some on a hanky or something. If i remember rightly it is ok to use eucalyptus when you're pregnant. I know when I had a really heavy cold when I was preggie my doctor said it was ok to use Vicks under my nose to help with the congestion.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Sounds like your lungs clearing out from stopping smoking. Takes a while for your body to adjust and get rid of all the muck.

If you can prop yourself up a bit more when you go to sleep. Should help make your breathing a bit easier. As time passes you should find it much easier to settle at night.

And good on you for quitting, its never easy. If you can, stay stopped when baby arrives :)

I gave up smoking when i found out i was pregnant ( now 10 weeks today) and i was exactly the same, all i can say is that it does get easier!! I still cough a little bit and i had problems sleeping and a heavy chest, but it's starting to ease off now.

Godd lukc and well done!!
Jen xxx

Well done for giving up smoking btw!

Vicks do a bubble bath which I found really helpful a few weeks ago when I had a cold. Incidentially, milk encourages the production of mucus but you obviously need to make sure you're getting your calcium. While I was unwell, I gave up drinking it for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back