In need of a laugh? Kids at work

daftscotslass

Reaction score
I work as a teacher and currently have a class of 7 year olds. I wasn't planning on telling them just yet but was sure one particular girl (who doesn't miss a treat) would guess at some point.

Class are sitting on the carpet quietly, waiting to see who's going to be the first to get ready for lunch. I send a couple of them off as they're sitting beautifully.

Predictable girl looks at belly and looks me in the eye. "You look pregnant."

Me, smiling "Do I? Must have been all the chocolate and Christmas cake..."

Girl "My sister is pregnant. She looks just like you."

Subject changes quickly to the sweets they got at Christmas.

She would NOT let it lie later on. She sneaked up quietly and looked at me when I was standing next to my desk. All of a sudden the hand goes onto my belly. "It's round" she said, smiling. "Mine is round too, but it's cos I'm fat."

:rotfl: Looks like I'm going to have to tell them sooner than I thought!

Aww bless her.

I love the things kids ask you - I work in Secondary school and even at a much older age they ask/say some hilarious things. The kids I work with guessed I was by about 16 weeks.

How cute! Wish my lot were like that :lol:

I work in Secondary and today I had a 5th year offer to be the babys dad, a 6th year ask how baby Liam (his name) was until I told him it didn't sound right and my 4th years constantly ask questions :lol: they has no shame at all and just come out with it

On the plus side I have finally won a difficult S4 pupil over! She had been off when I told my classes and she was really happy for me! such a shock :lol:

that made me giggle :rotfl:

i love that you said they were sitting beautifully :rotfl: such a teacher thing to say :rotfl:

sarafet said:
that made me giggle :rotfl:

i love that you said they were sitting beautifully :rotfl: such a teacher thing to say :rotfl:

Aw heck and I've only been teaching 2 years. I need help! :rotfl:

I love the fact they're so honest. Sometimes it's quite flattering, they like my clothes, hair or jewellery. Mostly they notice the things you don't want them to like "You've got pen on your boob", "You've got a big spot on your chin" or, my personal favourite (this wasn't to me, just to reiterate) "Miss, why have you got a moustache?"

You should tell them...
i teach year 5/6 (10/11 year olds) and now they know they look after me something rotten...i went to pick up a book box before xmas and Jonathan, a burly y6 boy, said..
"Oi Miss leave it..in your condition.." and promptly took it off me shaking his head :rotfl:

AnnaR2B said:
You should tell them...
i teach year 5/6 (10/11 year olds) and now they know they look after me something rotten...i went to pick up a book box before xmas and Jonathan, a burly y6 boy, said..
"Oi Miss leave it..in your condition.." and promptly took it off me shaking his head :rotfl:

:lol: how cute!

Wish my older lot would say things like that - I have to bribe them to put the boxes for THEIR stuff back on top of the filing cabinet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back