Impressed with Mothercare

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
I went into Mothercare on Friday last week to try and get some Moses basket sheets. The branch we went to had just moved into a different unit as there is being refurbished and they didn't have any in stock at all. I asked at the till on the off chance that they hadn't put them out yet as they were obviously in a bit of mess and they offered to order it from there online site and not charge the delivery. I don't know if it is just because they have run their stock down and moved into a unit or if it is store policy but I was very impressed.

thats really great they done that for you hun :cheer:

personally i hate mothercare i think their stuff is far to over priced only reason i got most of my stuff from their is because we were gave £400 of mothercare vouchers and had to use them but if i had goneelse where i would have got twice as much.....lol

That's good hun. My mothercare is okie on service (I do know 2 people who work there though!). But agree with weestar, it is overpriced and their maternity gear is rank. Some of the kiddies stuff is cute, but mostly overpriced.

I went there for the sheets as I was given £40 of vouchers from work as a leaving present. Saying that I haven't seen the moses basket sheets for less from anywhere eles (£4.99 for 2 sheets).

sorry i was a cheap skate i got my sheets from ebay :oops: 24 for £15 all brand new in wrapers cos you know what its like when babies burp up once they do that you need a clean sheetso i have been using them all.

I don't like ebay - I have heard so many horror stories of people losing their money through there.

its just a chance you take though hun, i only bid on something if the person has 100% positive feedback and thesituation im in i cant afford to get everything for shop prices....lol

I have been lucky that I have been able to buy a lot of stuff second hand from people at work. There are ~9000 people where work (spread over the country) and we have a private sales forum where people post up stuff they have for sale. It has saved us a fortune.

Is that the reading store by any chance? Cause i went in not long ago and couldnt find what i wanted cause of the refurb either.

Thats the one - behind TGI Fridays rather than the one in the town centre.

yup...Where abouts are you from? Im in Lower Earley

Hi Cassie and Nicky - I was going to ask if it was the Reading store. I am from Caversham. Small world eh? I went in recently and it was chaos. Hope it will be better soon! Sounds as though they are trying to adapt for everyone though.

It is - I am in Barkham, Wokingham. Apparently the new store will be getting air conditioning. It was so hot when we were in there, it really put us off browsing (may be a good thing for the bank balance!). I did feel sorry for the staff.

I have been told st peters in caversham is very nice, am thinking of looking at it for chirstening as i want an early one.

I go to cav sometimes to bar 4 nails. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back