Im worried i will be dissapointed!

hennaly

Reaction score
I have my long awaited 4D scan today which i have been really looking forward to, i cancelled it once due to a stupid argument (another story in another thread) so its even more exciting that im having it today at 10am,
however i must admit i have seen a few pics of other peoples and if mine are like theirs i am going to be gutted, all the advert ones are good clear pics and so are some of the ones on here but i have also seen ones that im not prepared to pay nearly £200 for, god im so negative but all this hype to be let down is driving me mad.
Can i insist i want it redone for free if it isnt good enough?

Worth a try I suppose if your not happy especially if they are not to the same standard of those adviertised.

I hope it turns out well for you

:shhh: TBH I think the piccies look a little freaky, but each to their own!! If I Hadnt had several growth scans I think I would have been egar to see my LO again so what ever happens you will be seeing your lovely LO which will be magical within its self :cheer:

Try be optimistic. A positive mental attitude goes a long way... :wink: You might be surprised how well bubs cooperates for you, if you just "know" you will see good CLEAR pics.

I have to say it was the best £100 quid ive ever spent.

I got two really good pictures the rest were dodgy, but even without the pics, watching the baby on the screen was amazing.

Hope you have fun today, cant wait for the pictures

I'm not sure if they will let you have it re-done for free hun! worth a try though!

We had two 4D scans, the first one, Missy was only 20weeks and so she was still skeletal. the other one we had done at 27weeks and was sooo much more clearer/detailed BUT she wasnt playing ball with us and wouldnt turn to face us, there was nothing the woman could have done about it, but we did get some good piccis/DVD and watching her moving on the screen was amazing!! :D

Look on the positive side, you get to see your LO again and see that they are healthy. Even if you don't get a clear picture (although I'm sure you will) at least you can come away knowing you got to see your gorgeous little bundle again!

I went twice. First time at 27weeks, and LO was breech facing my spine. we spent a good 40mins trying to move him but he was fast asleep! they invited us to go back at 30weeks to try again at no extra cost.

The pictures were better but not perfect TBH, but i couldnt stop staring at them and showing them off!

The real bonus came when he was born, we instantly recognised him, and with the trauma of the birth, it really helped build a connection with him :)

chickadee1976 said:
I have to say it was the best £100 quid ive ever spent.

I got two really good pictures the rest were dodgy, but even without the pics, watching the baby on the screen was amazing.

Hope you have fun today, cant wait for the pictures

Can we see yours? :cheer:

~*Leanne*~ said:
I'm not sure if they will let you have it re-done for free hun! worth a try though!

We had two 4D scans, the first one, Missy was only 20weeks and so she was still skeletal. the other one we had done at 27weeks and was sooo much more clearer/detailed BUT she wasnt playing ball with us and wouldnt turn to face us, there was nothing the woman could have done about it, but we did get some good piccis/DVD and watching her moving on the screen was amazing!! :D

Your avator pic is really clear! :dance:

i had one of these done but it didnt go well :(

after i had a mc last pregnancy we went to this clinic for early scans this time around and they were so lovely and they said i 'scanned well' and should have really good 4d pics

there were 2 people before me as they were running late and they had really good pics and i think like u i was expecting the best and had been looking forward to it for so long!

unfortunately our baby was head down and facing backwards- the people were so lovely they spent an hour trying to scan me, plus sent me out for food and drinks and walks etc to get baby to move. i had to keep moving during the scan and spent most of the time facing away from the screen. i actually spent most of the time sobbing as i had built it up in my head so much! they even offered to rescan me at another date but i just felt so upset i didnt want to go back!

i think its really hard as u see all these great ads of piccies and i know i wouldnt of been happy not to get it done, but i just felt devestated with the results and havent really shown anyone the pics or looked at them since...

i wanted them to double confirm the sex as well and they couldnt do that either...what i take from it tho was that the did alot of normal scanning and the baby is healthy and fine and for that im really grateful.

i hope urs works out better!! i understand where u r coming from tho, i felt so down and deflated, just as i had looked forward to it for so long!i felt so bad for the people there as they tried so hard but i just couldnt hide my disappointment!

anyway hope ur pics are good, i think ultimately its in the babies hands how good the pics are the scanner people can only do so much!

I hope the scan goes well for you :hug:
We had one at 26 weeks and it was the best thing ever. LO was being a bit naughty and had his feet right up in front of his face so we didn't get a clear photo of his face, but it didn't matter. Just seeing him there and watching him move was fantastic. The doctor was really good and spent an hour trying to get him to move and I had a chocolate bar and cold water and went for a little walk round to try and get him to put his feet down but he wouldn't. We both found it quite funny and I loved every second of it. Everyone laughs when we show them the photos and there are 2 huge feet that look like swan heads. Bless him.
Hope you have a positive experience whatever happens, and at least you get to see that everything is ok :D

mine was done at 24 weeks and we were warned she might look skeletal but she wasnt she had a full face and her nose on the pics is exactly like it is now.

Dis you go with the place in bath or somewhere else? i know the bath one will invite you back if they cant get good pictures. We didnt think we'd get any due to her having hands and legs over her face but we did

hope all goes well and think possitive, i love my pics.

abcd1234 said:
mine was done at 24 weeks and we were warned she might look skeletal but she wasnt she had a full face and her nose on the pics is exactly like it is now.

Dis you go with the place in bath or somewhere else? i know the bath one will invite you back if they cant get good pictures. We didnt think we'd get any due to her having hands and legs over her face but we did

hope all goes well and think possitive, i love my pics.
we went to clifton in the end as we had our other scan thee, it was lovely, i have just put on another thread about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back