I'm so obsessed

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
I have been hanging around this site for the last few months, although this is the first time I have posted as I am starting to think I am going mad………….

I was on the pill for 13years but had to come off for health reasons, I then went onto the dreaded DEPO shot (please nobody ever have that bl**dy thing). I have been off the shot for 14 months now as I had horrible side effects, although my periods only started again 4 months ago. We are not actively TTC, (although OH isn’t exactly careful now it is up to him, if you know what I mean) but for the last 9 months I have been hearing that biological clock ticking away inside my head (I turned 30 in Feb). At first, I thought it was because my periods were taking so long to come back after stopping the DEPO. However, I now realise that I long for children ASAP. OH isn’t exactly sympathetic. We have been together for 6 years and he says he wants children, but not just yet. However, he does like making the odd joke. For example, almost every month he makes some silly comment about me possibly being pregnant and how terrible that would be….. I’m painting him in a bad light as I know if we had an accident, it would be a happy one.

My problem is this, every month I convince myself I am pregnant and have all the symptoms, and every month my cycle gets longer and longer (25, 27, 31,35 days so far), and I have spent a fortune on PG tests. I have now convinced myself that I O’d on cd8 (as I had pinkish discharge when I wiped) and as OH is only careful around cd14 (as he has a boys view of our cycles) then I must be pregnant. I keep having symptoms which I must be imagining as they appear and disappear. But I’m still planning on how I’m going to cope with upcoming events now I am PG……… (I’m known for liking a drink at social occasions). I know I'm not PG but I can't help it. How do people just stop contraception and wait and see so calmly, I feel like I am becoming obsessed………………..and I’m not supposed to be trying!

Sorry for my rant but I’ve been reading this forum for a while and I sort of knew you’d all understand………..

welcome to the forum and the frustrating world of ttc! :rotfl:

i think this happens to all of us every month where we have slight symptoms and convince ourselves that this time its the real thing and then dreaded AF arrives. :twisted:

as for spending a fortune on tests, can i recommend ebay which is where all us peestickaholics get our OPK/HPT's from as it works out alot cheaper. :D

just wanted to say hello and welcome :wave:

hi and welcome!
It really is an obsession for me too, and i am a peestickaholic!!
i think emma was right in sayin try ebay it has saved me loads!!

Hi Tick Tock

I'm getting more and more obsessed too, so you're not alone. My DH knows we're ttc, he just doesn't know how badly I want it! We talked a lot before ttc about NOT GETTING OBSESSED :rotfl: and NOT LETTING IT TAKE OVER OUR LIVES :roll: . I've been thinking a lot the past couple of weeks about my obsession and how much it's grown. I'm actually quite worried about it, but I guess we're all there.!

Hi and welcome to the hormone-filled nuthouse :wave: !

Pea x

my dh laughs at me taking my temp every morning and he thinks all the tests i buy are a waste of money :x

hi tick-tock, I had huge problems on depo aswell, read the bummed out thread to see x

I think it does become an obsession, you are definitely not on your own, before I found out you imagine everything, and the two weeks is horrendous counting down the days till you can test, come on here everyone will make you feel welcome and normal xxx

God I'm so sick of it too - like I'm wishing my life away thinking I wish it was time for testing.

Hi

Good luck hun dont be shy now were here if you need us and i think maybe they keep getting longer cuz your stressing about it too much maybe it can delpay it?
Katrina

Hi There

I had my last depo shot July 2005, and it has taken ages to get my cycle back in order. I think it can take 18 months to come off it. No one at my doctors told me this when I asked them about starting a family. The nurse told me it would only be 3 months (how long the depo lasts). It wasn't until I came off it I realised how long it stays in your system.

The best thing to do is start charting your temps etc and then you will be able to keep an eye on your cycle. Fertility friend online is a brilliant website to use.

Good luck.
Fran

Thanks for all your replies, it really helps to be able to voice my worries to people that understand how I feel. Most of my friends say they can't understand what its like to want children so badly, and that I should just chill out.

think thats one of the most popular phrases 'just chill out/relax', easier said than done though. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back