I'm so angry with a Hospital consultant!!!! Sorry long rant

Jollypops

Reaction score
I have been having tests for my thyroid function over a 2 year period, seeing this consultant every 6 months and having blood tests. Although i knew something was wrong he just kept telling me that everything was fine and go away give up smoking, loose weight, eat healthy and get a life this was all before i become pregnant, so off i went and thought i'll show you. :x
(IVF had just failed) and we'd been trying for 12 years to conceive, So i joined the gym, had already given up smoking etc and was still putting on weight (approx 2 stone), so thought stuff this gave up everything started having fun and fell pregnant.
So i have gone along my pregnancy fine apart from a small bleed early on, but the midwife said i needed to have support care between her and an Obstetrician because i had been seen with regards to thyroid and also family history she wanted him to see me, so last month i had my appointment with him and was asked how much medication i was on for my thyroid and explained that i wasnt and that i was told just to get on with it...the Obstetrician didnt seem very happy but carried on the appointment checked me over said everything seemed fine and the rest of the pregnancy should go smooth enough but recommended that i give birth in the next town as our hosiptal doesnt have full facilities if they are required for any reason which is a pain but ok for me, said that he would write a letter to another physician.
Today i have now received a letter from the physician that he had written to saying that i must start Thyroxine treatment ASAP, sorry that he had written but it was quicker than getting an appointment as on all ocassions my blood results before and during pregnancy have been over and sometimes well over the normal rate!

Now i'm sitting here as mad as hell because this could have done damage to our unborn child and research says "These children are more likely to have intellectual impairment" and its making me so angry :x :x

Sorry for the rant but i needed to get it off my chest :cry: :? :(

Rant away!!! My sister has thyroid problems and just last month they upped her medication slightly cos her levels we slightly low and she's going through puberty. I also have a friend who has borderline low levels andthey siad they'll keep testing her and prob get her on medication too.

i honestly cant beleive they just left you :x its bad enough being left when it can affect you but you'd think they'd monitor it well with you being pregnant!!!

My midwife even put in my notes about my sister having it as it seems to run in the family a bit but neither or my parents have it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: im sure bubs is fine but im not suprised your so angry! It really does seem that some places just leave you to it in pregnancy

That is terrible. I can understad why you are so annoyed and angry. I'm sure your LO will be fine. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Alex xxx

That is bad, sorry you had to go through this :hug:

I'm sure bubs will be fine though :hug:

I am not surprised your angry.
Are they going to do tests to check of any poss damage???
Hopefully all is fine but do not let them get away with this.

Good luck and best wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back