I'm really sorry, but I need this rant!!!

gemmylou

Reaction score
OK, as some of you might remember from last night, I was a bit worried about some pinky discharge I had. Well in bed last night, I had some sharp stabbing pains, on both sides, so agreed with the husband to go to my gp this morning. Set my alarm early to wake up in time to book an appointment and went off to sleep.

Tried to get an appointment this morning and was told there was none - which isn't unusual - so decided that I did need to get checked over, so got dressed, had breakfast, showered etc. and waited for the hubby to be ready for work so he could drop me off at our walk-in centre. Our local hospital is miles away and even though he could drop me off, it would take 3 buses or 2 trains and a bus to get home, so we decided that a 1/2 hour walk home from the walk-in was much more manageable, and I've been there a few times before and never had a problem, other than the waiting times.

10.15, he drops me off and I book in and explain my symptoms. I'm placed as a priority, so get through to the nurse in triage fairly quickly. She doesn't seem too concerned and agrees with me that it is most likely a UTI. So she sends me back to the waiting room to wait to see the nurse practitioner and to provide a urine sample.

At 11:50, I finally get called through to the nurse practitioner who goes through the same questions and routine as the nurse before her. She wanders off at 12.00 to 'dipstick' my sample. When she returns she says that she's waiting for her senior colleague to test as she isn't qualififed to prescribe for me as I'm pregnant, but that it does look to be a UTI. She then wanders off to look at another patient and asks me to wait in the room.

At 12.10, she comes back to say that no one here is qualified to prescribe for me, due to my pregnancy, so she's going to ring through to see if I can see a doctor. Fine I thought, seems fair enough. When she was on the phone I realised she was ringing my own GP surgery - the very same that had refused me an appointment this morning. They offered an appointment for 4.10 this afternoon straight away!!!

My hormones took over and I burst into tears. She asked if I was ok and I said I was, it's just a pain that I have to walk 1/2 hour home, to walk 1/2 back again to see me gp (they are based at the same site) to walk 1/2 hour back home AGAIN!! All this after being refused an appointment this morning.

I feel really bitter that I have wasted all this precious time when I could be resting for the baby.

Please reassure me - is it me and my hormones being unreasonable, or was this bad???? I'm so blinded by tears and anger right now, I have no idea what's right or wrong!!

that was terrible hun I would complain. Your hormones are obviously gonna make you more tearful but it was terrible for you to go through that. xx

I think you are quite right to be annoyed by this. Although the end result is you will be looked after and your problems resolved I can't see how your GP didn't have appointments when you rang and now they suddenly have an appointment.

Hope you feel better soon babe x

Oh my love, how awful & ridiculous. Hope you're ok, thinking of you xxx

I would be fuming tbh hun, do they not understand the worry us pregnant ladies have in the 1st place!!! Hope ur home now and nice and warm xxx

Thanks ladies!

Just to update you all, the Doctor was LOVELY! Couldn't have been nicer really. She was concerned and said that pink discharge is one of the symptoms of a threatened miscarriage. She took another sample, this time it did have protein in it and apparently (not that I was told) there was a little bit of blood in my earlier sample at the walk-in. She examined my cervix and said that, like I had said, it was really clear with heavy NORMAL-COLOURED discharge, which is typical during pregnancy.

She wanted reassurance, so rang through to my local EPAU and asked for their advice. They were happy to write it off as implantation bleeding, especially as there was no actual blood or the sharp pains associated with miscarriage.

Now, I am on antibiotics to clear up a UTI (although it was never confirmed that I had one) for 7 days, I have had a vaginal swab taken and more urine, both to be sent off. I ring for those results on Tuesday. And lastly, she said if I get anymore pink discharge or it progresses to bleeding and pains then I am to ring her immediately and she will arrange an early scan for me.

I am both relieved and terrified!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies that it was a coincidence of UTI and implantation bleeding, rather than a miscarriage ready to loom it's ugly head.

xxxxxx

Aawww hun what a terrible day :(. Am sure everything is fine, the antibiotics certainly won't do you any harm even if they are just a precaution. UTI's can cause many different symptoms xxxxxxxxxx

My fingers are crossed for you, pleased to hear it they are not too worried xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back