I'm in slow Labour - was anyone elses like this??

pie&twink

Reaction score
pie&twink said:
Well I think it's been a false alarm for me this evening as i've had really bad BH contractions on & off from 5.30pm til 7.00pm. My heart seemed to be racing too.

3 in the space of 10 mins then started writing them down -

*17:42
*17:44
*17:47
*17:53
*17:57
*18:03
*18:24
*18:39
*18:51
*18:54
*19:03

Then nothing since!! :( & feel totally normal again :?

No other symptoms but BH's deffo felt different to the usual BH's I feel :?

We'll see if they progress in the night.

Well the above happened on Sunday evening, then there was nothing!

Yesterday woke up with a 'strange' feeling - hard to described but felt really anxious & had butterflies all day. Went to lunch at a friends then came home feeling even worse, then i was sooooo sick, like i've never been sick before, & i've felt sick since :puke:
6pm contractions started up again like on the Sunday - but alot more painful - these continued until 3am this morning but in no pattern - very irregular.

Rang midwife to see if I could be seen today as i've not got an appointment til Wed 5th now & she said to call delivery suite & they told me to go down for check over, so been at hospital all morning on the monitor still having irregular contractions, they did all usual test & all was ok apart from protein in wee but no other symptoms so they sent me home & told me to rest - yeah right with a 3 & a half year old to look after!! - they said i'm in slow labour so anything could happen anytime soon!

Anyone else have similar experience with their Labours? My 1st DD was so text book - had show 5pm, had contractions 6pm that progressivley got worse then had her the next day!! So this is all new to me.

i was in labour for a week :-( i kept having contractions, sometimes they got down to every 6 mins but were managable, everytime i went in the bath and took paracetamol they wore off and then started again irregularly..i was a week overdue and had a sweep they said i was 1cm and i then came home and had a show..carried on losing my plug and having irregular contractions for that day and the next day then on sunday they felt different and stronger eventually after contracting all day anything from 10 to 5 mins apart they started getting really bad at about 2 in the morning..i went to hospital and had Hayden at .36 the monday morning..i had been having contractions since the previous monday! :-( evil! unfortunately it was a case of waiting..lots of walking round to let gravity help..and bouncing on a birthing ball if you have one could help! also sex..even though its the last thing you want!! hope those contractions get stronger soon i know how horrid it is!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

fran_23 said:
i was in labour for a week :-( i kept having contractions, sometimes they got down to every 6 mins but were managable, everytime i went in the bath and took paracetamol they wore off and then started again irregularly..i was a week overdue and had a sweep they said i was 1cm and i then came home and had a show..carried on losing my plug and having irregular contractions for that day and the next day then on sunday they felt different and stronger eventually after contracting all day anything from 10 to 5 mins apart they started getting really bad at about 2 in the morning..i went to hospital and had Hayden at 8.36 the monday morning..i had been having contractions since the previous monday! :-( evil! unfortunately it was a case of waiting..lots of walking round to let gravity help..and bouncing on a birthing ball if you have one could help! also sex..even though its the last thing you want!! hope those contractions get stronger soon i know how horrid it is!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

OOps sorry i didnt mean to quote myself i was just correcting a mistake..only meant to edit!!!

i was in labour for a week with mild contractions every 5 / 10 minutes but that was because my cervix was tillted back and labour couldnt progress but the day before i was due to get help body got on with it and lo came with no medical assistance :)
good luck hope you not to long x

I was in latent labour for 2 days. Irregular contractions, stopped, started, went away again for a while, came back.....

Actual first stage labour proper began at the end of day 3. IIRC for it to be considered 'in labour' you need to have regular contractions x amount of minutes apart and be a certain amount of cms dilated.

Latent labour is annoying but it does mean something is happening. Just might take a little while before labour proper begins.

i never had BH's throughout my pregnancy- and i got irregular pains with "peaks" to them similar to what u describe, when i was 39+5 weeks. i thought they might be contractions so called the MW out- but when examined i wasnt even dilated! however i was effaced, she said the pains were effacing pains and it wont be long now. she was right i gave birth on my due date!

Thanks for replies girls. :D

Only had about 4 big contractions today so thats alot less than i've had since sunday. Have felt a little less sickness too.

Just wish it was one way or the other hate this inbetween stage. Feel like I can't go anywhere incase anything happens. :(

I didn't have a very long latent phase, 16 hours I think. Just wanted to send you some :hug: 's, you're doing really well. Hope it's not too long for you now :hug:

Pie am having the same sort of experience as you hun - all started up on friday afternoon and through saturday n then just stopped and its been on and off ever since really. big bumpy hugs to you lady n lets hope our little ones make an appearance soon eh! i had a bit of a show earlier so am hoping things are gonna get going sooooooon! :hug: x x x x

Thanks for :hug: girls. Just got emotional reading the last 2 posts :cry: I feel so p'd off today, got no reason to but feel so emotional it unbelievable just keep crying.

Still having occasional tightenings accompanied with period/stabbing pain in cervix.

Just wish it would happen now. :(

I was in slow labour for a week with contractions stopping and starting and then my waters broke and I had Amber the next morning. I can so understand how your feeling, its so frustrating and you feel like you'll never get your baby! It will happen soon though hun, just hang on in there
:hug: :hug: :hug:

These little scorpio babies are bein toooooo snuggly!!!! :shhh: :sleep: :roll: :shakehead:

Pie big hugs sweetheart know exactley how you are feeling :hug: :hug: :hug: tis so bloody frustrating int it - everytime i feel really down i just keep tellin myself that he can't stay in there for ever and that all this stop start stop start shenanigans is part of the whole experience - we'll get there lovely - race ya? ;) :dance: :hug: x x x x

Had a Show last night :dance: :pray: & lots of uncomfortable pains (not contractions though) Baby was moving round, as best as she could, & it was causing very uncomfortable stabbing pains in cervix so hopefully she's wriggling down towards the exit!!

Fly - the race is on!! x :lol: :hug:

lauranjamesnbaby said:
I was in slow labour for a week with contractions stopping and starting and then my waters broke and I had Amber the next morning. I can so understand how your feeling, its so frustrating and you feel like you'll never get your baby! It will happen soon though hun, just hang on in there
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks hunny. :hug: x

pie&twink said:
Had a Show last night :dance: :pray: & lots of uncomfortable pains (not contractions though) Baby was moving round, as best as she could, & it was causing very uncomfortable stabbing pains in cervix so hopefully she's wriggling down towards the exit!!

Fly - the race is on!! x :lol: :hug:
yayyyyy for stabbing pains in cervix :cheer: :cheer: - the more they make you double over the better they are i reckon ;) :D wicked news bout the show sweetie :D got everything crossed it all starts to happen soon for you hun :) and for me too lol! big hugs x x x :hug:

Aww how exciting!!! i cant believe this is what im going to be like in just over 8 weeks time!!!!! Best of luck ladies!!!!! xxxxx
:hug: :hug:

i know this is nothing to do with slow labour but pie&twinks baby is due on my birthday haha.

hope things get moving for you soon huni

I had a two day latent phase followed by an 11 hour 'official' labour!!

I had contractions every 8 to 3 minutes for two days but my cervix was having none of it and stayed tightly closed. It did eventually open and after two days and nights of no sleep or food I was classed as in labour and then 11 hours later poppy came out!!

It was really hard work and I know it's the most ridiculous thing to say but try to rest as much as possible..... People kept telling me to go for walks etc but I didn't and I'm so glad because by the time it came to pushing I was so tired anyway from lack of sleep and not being able to eat that I'm glad I'd conserved every ounce of energy

you sound exactly like my friend, 10pm on day 3 the contractions finally started to get stronger and she was off!

stay active, eat well, get ready :)

Pie where are you??

How you doing lady??

Thinking of you :) x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU