I'm back from Gran Canaria

Hazel

Reaction score
Howdy girls,

I'm back from holiday.

I had a lovely time in Gran Canaria, a lot of lying around reading and sunbathing.

I don't think planes are designed for pregnant ladies but it was only 4 hours so not to bad. I got frisked at Gatwick as they had to check it was baby in there and I didn't have anything up my jumper :lol:

I'm feeling and seeing outside kicks now and I've got BIG and it's dropped a little so just starting to get uncomfortable.

Hope everyone is ok, I see a few more of you know which team you are.

xxx

Awww lovely to hear you had a good time.
Wonder if bubba realised he was laid on a beach.....lol. U lucky thing.
Yeah i can imagine the plane was a bugger, i can't sit on the sofa for longer than half an hour so well done for lasting 4 hours with a bump.

Good to have ya back xxx

aww, well glad you had a relaxing time! thats cool your feeling outside kicks. Im getting a few, but OH cant feel them yet :(
airports are not fun. we fly out saturday to Tennessee and its a overall 14 hr flight, ugh!

14 hours!!! yuck.

Keep moving around every hour and drink plenty of water.

I asked for an aisle seat near the loo. The food tray table would only go down when I put my seat back as my belly is too big much to the annoyance of the person behind me :lol: .

Millylillyrose we are both crossing the atlantic over the weekend!!

We fly to Orlando on Sunday. Believe it is 9.5 hours flight...

Hazel-you must feel replenished now having the time away..were you adviced to take baby aspirin at all as a general measure before flying?

The midwife didn't say anything when I told her. She just gave me a leaflet which said about drinking plenty of fluids and moving around.

I take a small dose of aspirin everyday anyway as had to have it with the fertility treament and will continue taking it up until 34 weeks.

The only side affect I noticed from the flight is swollen ankles, I think it was water retention as I drank a lot of water and my bladder decided not to work. I felt like I needed to go but could only manage a dribble :lol: .

Glad you had a great holiday! What temperature was it out there? And was the sea warm enough for swimming in?

Glad you had a lovely time! :cheer: It's horrible when you come back from holiday :( D O W N E R ...

Anyway hun, hope you're settling back into pregnancy with your newly changed bumpage!

Nice to have you back :hug: xx

Welcome back!! i fly out to Gran Canaria next Friday and am really nervous about flying whilst pregnant!!

Ive got my very attarctive flight socks ready!! Were the airline funny with you or did they ask you any questions about how far gone you were etc, as i am quite big for my dates!!

Gems x xx

The weather was warm but very changeable while we were there. One day it was very windy that the sunloungers were flying all over the place and the next it was beautiful sunshine. It was a little cloudy in the mrning but that usually cleared by noon.

The airline were fine. We had easyjet going out who let me on first as I needed the aisle loo seat, they asked how far along I was and I heard them let all the air stewards know. I told them when I checked in. First choice on the way back and again I asked for the aisle loo seat, they didn't ask how far along I was. I'm quite obviously pregnant so everyone was very nice and helpful.

Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. We had to get a bus from the airport to the plane and it was full and I was going to have to stand so my mum told the driver I was pregnant and he let me ride up front with him :lol:

Mildly said:
Glad you had a great holiday! What temperature was it out there? And was the sea warm enough for swimming in?

It was about 22 degrees. I didn't go in the sea because I'm scared of the things that live in it. We went to the dunes for a morning in playa del ingles, that was hard work as they are about 30ft high and we guessed we walked about 4 miles.

Oh thats sounds good, were flying with easyjet and only going for 3 nights its a girly relaxing weekend theres 11 of us getting a pink hummer limo to the airport, ill expect theyll go out drinking one night whilst im tucked up in bed with my portable dvd player!!

I was just worried they might ask for proof of how far along i am as im really big! everyone says to me when are you due and whn i say august they nearly pass out!! :oops: to many cakes!! he he x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back