I'm Anemic :-(

Lisamj

Reaction score
Just had a letter from Dr's saying I'm anemic (hasn't given the levels though so will ask about that tomorrow).

Just gutted as I feel I have been eating so well and am also a nutritional advisor so know where to get iron from! Also been taking Pregnacare since ttc which already has about 17mg of iron it.

Is it common to become anemic despite eating well?

Thanks all

L xxx

I'm aneamic and i think a lot of people get it whilst preg. It's prob because baby takes all your iron leaving your levels low! Don't worry too much hun, it wont have affected baby in any way whatsoever and it's easy to fix :) i'm on 2 iron tablets a day (2x200mg)

I thought i'd been eating fairly well too...

oh and a good thing to eat - cornflake cakes :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: there must be iron in those :)

it's also a dilutional effect in pregnancy - ie blood volumes are increased with the same iron levels - I eat a healthy diet and took pregnacare but still managed to get anaemic and have low ferritn so have given in and started iron - 3 a day for me - certainly helping the exhaustion levels

Oh thats pretty crap :( Have you had any symptoms of anemia?

Alex xxx

I suppose I have looked paler than usual....but still been going to the gym 4 times a week so haven't noticed any major difference in breathlessness or tiredness.

My first set of bloods at 12 weeks were excellent so it looks like baby has been having lots more since then!

L xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back