I'm 24 weeks - not 18!!!!

AnnaMS

Reaction score
I had a routine midwife appointment this morning and got a bit of a surprise...

Over the past few days, I've felt as if I'm further on than 18 weeks as I'm feeling incredibly heavy. My husband has also said that the bump has grown quite a lot.

I'm off work today as I didn't sleep last night, due to Emilia deciding to party very hard! The only way I could get reasonably comfortable, was to lie with the bump resting against my husbands chest, as he felt the strong kicks too.

At the midwife I mentioned the fact I had a feeling I was further along. She though so too as the bump did look a lot bigger. I was measured and I was shocked as it showed 24cm, which is 24 weeks if I'm not mistaken? I then had to wait around for a scan to make sure....

And I am 24 weeks exact!!! My due date is 7 October!! She was really kicking around on the screen which was wonderful to see. Right now she has her bottom sticking up!

My girl will be here sooner than I thought!!

Last edited:
wow thats amazing news!!! Such a nice surprise! How did they get it so wrong at your 12 week scan?!!

katylou: I have no idea, but I think it was me giving them the wrong date for my last period, so they worked my date out from that. I'm seeing the consultant on Wednesday to get blood results and will ask then.

Wow that is one serious jump forward - 6 weeks on fast forward! How exciting!! xx

A month and a half out wow bet you were made up... After the shock haha. Happy for you xx

the 12 week scan should have given the due dates from measurements, its crazy ha! Happy Vday by the way!!

That's madness. Congrats tho, I wouldn't mind fast forwarding 6 weeks :)

Wow, that's a LOT. I'm so surprised that it wasn't picked up at your 12 week appointment. :)
Congrats though.

Wow that's amazing, and exciting!! Happy v day Hun xx

Wow!! That makes us due on the same day!

Wow that is crazy! Congratulations! :D xxx

wow i was always told they wouldnt redate after 22 weeks at the very most and most wouldnt change due date after 12 week scan because after that babies all grow at diffrent rates x

Crikey I didnt even realise it was possible to have such a jump! How exciting for you! x

It's still a shock to us as well.

I had a meeting with the consultant today, who explained why they got the dates wrong and it was their fault. They were going by my last period, which I told them was 28 January. It turned out that this was bleeding from the implantation, as I was already 4 weeks along by then without even realising it. I thought it was my period, as I do have a regular cycle of 28 days and it didn't feel any different.

I also had my 24 week check up and everything is OK. Emilia even gave the consultant a few good kicks, as she tried to feel her position and said "oh you've got a lively little one in there".

LMP: 31 December 2012.
Conceived:14 January 2013
Implantation 22 January, with bleeding 6 days later (which I thought was my period).

And I am due on 7 October 2013.

2 weeks left until I start maternity leave and I can't wait!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back