If u could start ur own business,which field would u choose?

laetitia85

Reaction score
I am thinking of starting my own business instead of going back to work. not that this poll will influence my decision in anyway lol but i was just wondering what everyone would choose, if u were given the opportunity to start a business.

I voted advertising/marketing/communications. but I'm not sure where to start :| I need to look into it.

I did my foundation degree in Interior design and would have loved to have had my own interior design and architecture company so that ppl had lovely houses for cheaper lol! :lol:

Me and OH run our own plastering / building company but our dream business is to run our own campsite. Preferably somewhere like Cornwall. They are really expensive to buy already established and land is like gold dust. We have a mortgage so could sell our house to get set up but it would be a 'no going back' risk. If it all went tits up we would have to start over.

Never say never though :wink:

I already own my own web/graphics design business, although as I haven't worked for a year, I have some major work to do to get things moving again!
But I love animals and would love to do something with animals. I couldn't be a vet though as I am far to squeamish.

E commerce ;)

But if money no object, I'd love to buy properties and rent them out :)

Its not kinda in that list lol... but ive said since i was 5 that ill have my own garage - and i plan to before my times up lol technically i guess im working towards that, as i do odd jobs on cars for people, mechanics and engineering is my passion really.

Few different businesses id like to own though, probably why my heads full of random knowledge and business plans!... aside from the garage, id fancy moving into the restraunt/nightclub business, theres a fair bit of money to be made in haulage/transport industry too... there is loads, but i doubt ill ever have the chance to.

lou said:
Me and OH run our own plastering / building company but our dream business is to run our own campsite. Preferably somewhere like Cornwall. They are really expensive to buy already established and land is like gold dust. We have a mortgage so could sell our house to get set up but it would be a 'no going back' risk. If it all went tits up we would have to start over.

Oh my god lou, you have just described mine and OH's dream to a tee. We could never afford an established site due to price so have been looking for some land and try and get things going that way :D Ideally we'd like to do a bit of VW hire along side it (although there are lots of companies doing this too now).

.....Race you...... :lol: :lol:

Craig said:
Its not kinda in that list lol... but ive said since i was 5 that ill have my own garage - and i plan to before my times up lol technically i guess im working towards that, as i do odd jobs on cars for people, mechanics and engineering is my passion really.

me and Mike wanted to set up our own garage Craig, me doin the interiors and Mike doin bodywork - cor not thought about that for yonks!! :shock:

Fluffy Bunny said:
lou said:

Oh my god lou, you have just described mine and OH's dream to a tee. We could never afford an established site due to price so have been looking for some land and try and get things going that way :D Ideally we'd like to do a bit of VW hire along side it (although there are lots of companies doing this too now).

Our idea is to buy up some old VW campers and hire them out as accomodation on the campsite. How awesome would that be? We thought about just having the shells and kitting them out for accomodation but I suppose some people would actually like to hire a working van they can sleep and cook in on the campsite then drive out and about during the day.

Don't go stealing our idea!!!! :wink:

mummykay said:
Craig said:

me and Mike wanted to set up our own garage Craig, me doin the interiors and Mike doin bodywork - cor not thought about that for yonks!! :shock:

lol cool :) mike would have to be abit quicker than he is with his own bodywork mind :lol:

coincidently, one of my mates wanted to do similar with me, shes now finishing her degree in interior design i think, and done fashion in college lol

mummykay said:
Craig said:

:dance: Pimp my ride :dance:

lou said:
Fluffy Bunny said:
lou said:

Our idea is to buy up some old VW campers and hire them out as accomodation on the campsite. How awesome would that be? We thought about just having the shells and kitting them out for accomodation but I suppose some people would actually like to hire a working van they can sleep and cook in on the campsite then drive out and about during the day.

Ha, ha of course I won't :fib: :fib: What a great idea :think:

Vdubers always want to camp with like minded people. :D

lou said:
mummykay said:
Craig said:

:dance: Pimp my ride :dance:

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking!! :dance:

Fluffy Bunny said:
lou said:
[quote="Fluffy Bunny":3eilnw5v]
lou said:

Ha, ha of course I won't :fib: :fib: What a great idea :think:

Vdubers always want to camp with like minded people. :D[/quote:3eilnw5v]

Exactly :wink: We (club 80-90) have hired 35 camping spaces this year at Blue Hills campsite in Cornwall (don't know if you know it?). Its the club 80-90 annual Cornish Bashtie. Its a right laugh :lol:

Both me and my partner run our own valeting/detailing business

We have been doing it for nearly a year now(11th feb) and even though we havent seen the benefits financially yet we both love doing it

We have worked on some amazing cars and matts had some amazing oppatunities(sp) like he got invited to paris last year to detail and prepare the worlds most expensive car(auto union type D) that was set to fetch over 8million pounds!!)and that if we didnt have this business we wouldnt of touched let alone seen some beautiful cars. If i was on a car forum id bore u with pics of cars that we have done :D

OMG im sounding like a bloke having a love affair with cars!!!! must be the male hormone in me :rotfl:

tattybear85 said:
Both me and my partner run our own valeting/detailing business

We have been doing it for nearly a year now(11th feb) and even though we havent seen the benefits financially yet we both love doing it

We have worked on some amazing cars and matts had some amazing oppatunities(sp) like he got invited to paris last year to detail and prepare the worlds most expensive car(auto union type D) that was set to fetch over 8million pounds!!)and that if we didnt have this business we wouldnt of touched let alone seen some beautiful cars. If i was on a car forum id bore u with pics of cars that we have done :D

OMG im sounding like a bloke must be the male hormone in me :rotfl:

aaaw please post a pic! i really wanna see it :cheer:

^^^ tis good to see a female as enthusiastic about cars as most males :lol:

P.S. i do a bit of a detailing/valeting on the side aswell during summer, i just have an obsession with cleanliness sometimes :oops: lol dont think i could ever run a business solely on it though :)

Me and OH have seriously considered opening a reptile shop.

He would work in one for free I think if we didn't have such a big mortgage and 3 kids between us to support.

Him and DS are snake mad and we spend most of our free time in Reptile shops it would be his dream and TBH I would love it too!

Probably food, Id love to just make and sell cakes and stuff like that :angel: mmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back