• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ideas for putting on weight

Tiny2012x

Reaction score
Hi Girls :)
Not sure if anyone will have the same problem, but any advice would be appreciated! I'm only 4ft 9, so really petite and I weigh around 6 stone, when I was at the doctor a while back she advised my BMI was slightly under. So went to the Dr's last week to get first bloods done and told her this she said it appears I'm still a bit under and this could also have an effect on TTC, I don't have any issues with eating or eating disorders I'm just naturally tiny but no matter what I do I can't put on weight, been trying to eat more but it just doesn't seem to go on and I'm not too keen on the protien shakes, anyone have any ideas or have experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance ladies x

Can your doctor refer you to a nutritionist? When I was a teenager I was very skinny and was put on 3 full meals a day and snacks in between. For weight gain to be healthy it has to be properly managed hun.

But tbh maybe that's just the way you are meant to be and it won't affect your fertility. Doctors seem obsessed with averages and what's "normal" these days xxxxxxx

Yeah I've always been a teeny wee thing and my dad was tall but he ate like a horse and never put on weight! Well I've to go bk to the Dr in two weeks for blood results and take it from there as she doesn't think I'm ovulating but I'm going to metion it to her!xx

I have the opposit problem lol! But when I was young, like 10 or so I ate very little and was never hungry so I got tablets from the doc that really increased my appetite and I just think the effect has never wore off! Have u tried full fat milk/butter/cheese? I'm not sure how to do it healthily but eating a take away followed by a big packet of sensations and a tub of hagan daaz did the trick for me! Lol

I do eat quite a lot of dairy and stuff, all full fat, as I've never had to watch my weight but its a pain in the backside when I stay the same bloody weight! Xx

When I got a bit too skinny last year I found snacking on nuts really helpful-Their healthy but also calorific. That's if you don't have an allergy or are avoiding whilst TTC. I also swapped to full fat dairyvstuff but it sounds like you already take full fat. Maybe you are meant to stay on the petite side Hun? Good luck on your TTC journey xx

I lost weight to get into a healthy BMI then was told I was slightly to low BMI and to put on a few pounds again. I went to a nutritionist and she said full fat dairy, carbohydrates such as pasta and plant protein eg nuts and lentils etc. I introduced all 3 and Ive put on 6 lbs. joke is now I want to stop putting on so its an inevitable round about!!

Thanks for all the suggestions girls! Will give them a go, I think the fact I'm only a tiny 4ft 9 probably says in itself that I'm not supposed to be much heavier, but I'd like to get to a nice healthy weight! Not weighed myself for a few weeks, will do it laters and see if its creeped up a bit xx

Hi, I have the same problem. I have always had low BMi an anytime
I went docs with any problems he would weigh me work out BMi and tell me that was a factor.
Been ttc for nearly 2 and half years. Finally been put forward for ivf. We were going to start this cycle but BMi
Is 18.7 ( after 6 months of nagged eating from 17) but still too low
For ivf which is 20. Now decided to leave it until July. Hoping to get to upper side of 19 by just eating
Little and often . Hubby banned
Me from anything not 100% fattening :)
I'm 5 ft 3 and 7st 4( after much effort)
Like u have always been small. Was 6 stone up until 18 months ago. So if anything works for u let
Me know. Did the protein shakes hated them :(

My sis has this problem. She got her BMI up to 19 by putting peanut M&M packets everywhere round the house so she had a few all the time through the day. Her DH hated it though - he got fatter too and didn't need to!!!

Basically you just need high calorie dense food - the nuts suggestion is good. Even better coated in chocolate!

Think I'm going to give the nuts a go, cause they are so addictive too once you start munching them you can't stop!! I know I'm probably clutching at straws by thinking this is playing a part in me no conceiving yet but I'm willing to try anything x

Might sound odd but do you go to the gym regularly? I always put on weight if I'm on a strict gym routine that includes plenty of weights. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat and the exercise can help with getting your BFP as well as gernerally preparing your body for pregnancy and birth, I got mine (not that I'm under weight) when I got a personal trainer to improve my overall fitness further. I used to know a girl who just couldn't put weight on and regularly going to the gym helped her increase her weight. As well as nuts, dried fruit, avocados and bread will help increase your weight too. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back