• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I was so frustrated I went private!!

mandspice

Reaction score
I've had 1 ectopic / miscarriage (diagnosis was never clear), 1 ectopic with tube removed, 1 missed miscarriage recently and also a deep vein thrombosis. The NHS have basically ignored my pleas for testing as I don;t fall into the clear "3 miscarriages" category so my mum scraped together the money for me to go private - it's not cheap but if anyone is having a similar experience to me and can spare the money I would recommend it....

I was seen within a few days and blood was taken at the first appointment. I’m having the thrombophilia tests only and get the results in 2 weeks (in London there’s an 8 month waiting list on the NHS!!). The doc was a miscarriage expert (www.themiscarriageclinic.co.uk) and said that the NHS weren’t managing my pregnancy properly - I was due to go on heparin at 13 weeks as I had a previous DVT but he said that there was no point starting me on heparin at 13 weeks as the highest risk of blood clots is firstly just after delivery and secondly during weeks 1 – 12! He said if my tests come back ok then I should take aspirin daily (75mg) throughout my next pregnancy (from or before conception) and heparin for 2 weeks after delivery, because of my history. If they come back with a thrombophilia condition then we would discuss alternative treatment to include heparin.

Hope this helpa anyone in a similar situ xxx

Firstly - sorry to here of your loss.

Can you please tell me how much it cost to go private? and who with. The link you wrote I can't get to work :(

Hi Dolly,

I'm sorry for your loss too - my missed miscarriage was at 13 weeks in August so I know just what you're going through. It does get easier with time, but I know that doesn't really help now xx

Sorry, the link should have been: www.miscarriageclinic.co.uk. It depends what tests you have but for a consultation and thrombophilia screening it's £450

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back