• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I want to tell people!

Annie050408

Reaction score
I am finding this a really hard secret to keep- obviously DH knows and I've told my best friend but nobody else.

I really want to get to the 12 week scan to before telling folks etc... but it's going to be hard!

Does anyone else feel like this? Have you told people before 12 weeks, if so when?

The bed sheets were still warm when I announced it to the world......:lol:

The bed sheets were still warm when I announced it to the world......:lol:

lol! Brilliant!

I'm just wondering what the reasons are for not telling people? Is it just so that less people know if anything goes wrong? Isn't it better to have their support?

Am thinking that we could tell parents at 8 weeks perhaps or is that still a bit early?

I figured that I wanted the same people to know that I was expecting that I would want to know if anything did go wrong so there was no point keeping it a secret. I think people wait till 12 weeks generally because you have a scan and know if everything looks ok at that point. To me it makes no odds if people know or not so I told my mum and dad and friends etc the day I found out :)

I was the same as you Annie with my DS but couldnt hold it in after about two days so told my mum first then everyone else lol I was just five weeks, its so hard to keep it a secret when you are so excited x

Hi

It's killed me to be honest but I only told my Mum and Dad at around 8 weeks as I wanted their support. Just had my first scan today so will be telling people this week! I think it's down to personal choice and how people are around you - only you know them well enough. I know people who have told the world straight away and others who have waited til they're showing. If you've got good mates and family then go for it hun - enjoy every minute xxx

We just told my parents, OH's parents, sisters and best friends - basically people I would turn to if anything went wrong anyway. I am now finding it hard to announce to the world, I have the opposite problem! I've never been one for attention, but am happy to tell people as and when I see them now :)

I told everyone (friends, family, some work colleagues) as soon as the doc confirmed it at 4 weeks although didn't officially announce it at work until I had my 12 week scan. Was definitely far too excited to keep it to myself! I don't though, would just rather think that is everything is ok and be positive rather than stressing about what could go wrong. I knew that if it did go wrong, had lots of people to turn to for support.

Thanks- we've decided to tell our folks this weekend. xx

Congrats!!!! We told people yesterday...when we found out... yesterday :x we cudnt help it..i know its very early days but i guess excitment kinda took over. :wave:

I'm 7 weeks today. My OH, best friend & my two 'mummy-friends' who just had their little girls a few months ago. (They gave me much needed advice) ;)
I'm waiting to tell my parents and work friends, etc till the 12 weeks mark. May tell my mum in two weeks when I have a scan at 9 weeks. I know it's so tough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back