• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I want junk!!!!

HideiLu

Reaction score
Grrr OH is really bugging me now!!! Every time I mention I want just a bar of chocolate or some ice cream etc, he give me a lecture about healthy eating!!! :evil:

It's not like I have it EVERY day!! All our shopping is healthy stuff and meals such as chicken and veg, jacket potatoe and salad, or just salad!!

But I would like to be able to indulge a little for the last 3 months without thinking too much about it :(

Anyone else getting food critisisms?!

I get force fed! Because the bumps small and I seem to be getting smaller around my face and stuff I get bought food! So far I have been bought a pasty, a tea cake, a bag of crisps, a huuuuge bag of walnuts, biscuits and 2 sandwiches in a week! This is from random people that come in the shop and know I'm pregnant and think Im too small! Haha Im 5foot tall Ill be a compleate hefferlump if I eat everything Im told I need too! I do eat though I would never let myself get hungry because if I do I get sick and I never let myself anyway just people don't seem to understand I eat when I get hungry and I tend to eat little and often rather than 3 big meals. I would hate to not be allowed to eat some stuff i want :hug: :hug: i hope you convince him its all good. the baby takes the stuff it needsout of all thethings you eat so if you eat chocolate it will take the good bits and ignore the bad :) or thats what i keep getting told!

First of all, Nickilubs, hefferlump...! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I havent heard that word in years - thanks for giving me that laugh!!

Heidilu, dont take any notice of OH... tell him the baby wants it and thats that!! :rotfl: Seriously though honey, you deserve a bar of choc or a scoop of icecream now and then... :hug:

Today I had two kit kats because I REALLY wanted them and I've been so very good lately, making lots of dietary changes to incorporate more fruit and veg into my diet. Tonight I had steak and chips for dinner with plenty of salad so that was balanced (the chips were low fat oven chips too) and I'll get lots of iron because there was raw spinach in the salad and of course the steak is full of it too! I really don't see the problem with enjoying the odd bowl of ice cream or chocolate bar as long as you're getting the nutrients you need from the rest of your food. :)

AMETHYST

Yep, I got a look last night as I ate 2 cornettos.

DH has taken to calling me fat arse (luckily I'm thick skinned). I just say to him that I'm pregnant, what's his excuse for the size of his belly :rotfl: . Soon shut him up.

i didn't fancy cookin a proper tea last night so the men folk had pizza and i had three packets of crisps, a cheese sandwich and half a packet of shortbread :shock: :lol: i was quite shocked cos i been hooked on salad for weeks now so for me to go pigout on crap was quite amusing but i did enjoy it! :rotfl:

Aw hun, sorry your OH is being a pain. A bit of junk is fine every now and again especially since your eating so healthily! I don't deny myself junk food as I find if I don't get enough sugar in my diet I feel faint all the time, lol. Your body needs sugar as well so some every now and again isn't going to harm the baby!!

Tell him you know what your doing and to stop trying to deny a pregnant woman her due or you might kill him in his sleep :twisted:

Yes especially from my OH, he will say things like 'Gemma that cant be good for the baby!' Or 'youll regret afterwards when you have to spend your life on a diet'

My Nan said yesterday ' i can see youve been eating for tow then!' the bloody cheek of it!! I put on 5 stone with my first pregnany and managed to lose it, so i intend on enjoying myslef, i cant drink alcohol, take hot baths etc etc so im going to enjoy my food and have whatever i fancy!! Which at the moment seems to be cold pasties and curry!! Yummy!! :lol:

x x x

Hummmm another customer bought me more apple pie cake today....think they are trying to fatten me up for a roast or something! Haha! If they seen what I ate at home they wouldn't be doing this!

Tell them to mind their own business! Annoys me when people feel like they can comment on everything.

I would love to eat healthy food but because i have crohns disease i have to have a low fibre diet which has limited fruit and veg. Hardly good for the baby but im trying my best. Im sure a couple of bars of chocolate now and then wont do any harm.

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back