i thought i was in labour this morning

Spritzer

Reaction score
well after being told that in early labout you feel twinges etc before the bigger contractions i was shocked to have what im guessing was just 'practice contractions' for a few hours last night from 1am - 4am :eek:

they got clooser and clooser together untill they were 10mins apart and i was starting to panic as my first due date from Dr and midwife was 28th JULY!! this monday!! but scan said due to size of baby more likely to be due 26th aug.

they felt really strange, like period cramps and my bump was going SOLID :shock: i honestly was begining to think i should get my bag packed (bought more things for it today to get it packed)

i dont think i'm going to sleep tonight worrying it might happen again, lol.

but if thats braxton hicks they are quite convincing! :think:

Sounds like Braxton Hicks.... better start to get used to them :)

SarahH said:
Sounds like Braxton Hicks.... better start to get used to them :)

nooo dont say that, they keep you awake :?
:doh: i dont like them, lol.

they make your bump do groovy things tho - good fun to watch!!

Plus it is your body getting ready for labour!! YAYYYYY! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

well it didnt happen again last night thank goodness, lol.

god how i wish i could feel something...even a slight twinge..i need the baby out soon cos i ve got a family party to go to on the 8th of august..with baby of course!

Awww hun!!

I had my first 'proper' braxton hicks a couple of weeks ago and talk about panic!

I pesonally love the way the midwife told me I'd know when they were real contractions....All I could think was 'how?? I've never done this before :? '

OH's face when they started though lol I do't think he's going to be much help when the time does come :rotfl:

How are you by the way? Am I still hot topic of conversation on EW?

lol - in both my pregnncys i had braxen hicks from about 4 months - my whole tummy would go hard and a funny shape. Even my midwife was suprized how early i got them (she saw them when examining me)

Little Bump said:
Awww hun!!

I had my first 'proper' braxton hicks a couple of weeks ago and talk about panic!

I pesonally love the way the midwife told me I'd know when they were real contractions....All I could think was 'how?? I've never done this before :? '

OH's face when they started though lol I do't think he's going to be much help when the time does come :rotfl:

your still at the top of General chat on EW! lol. they have you married off with twins now :lol:

my OH's going to be needing more help and reasurance then me when i do go into labour, im ick of being asked if he should go and call my mum, lol.

im hoping to know the difference when in real labour too but wouldnt the early labour twinges feel like braxton hicks?!?!

Roxanne - my midwife swears by sex?!?!

redfairy - poor you having them for months, i only had the odd one before, never this chain of them :?

Spritzer said:
Little Bump said:
Awww hun!!

your still at the top of General chat on EW! lol. they have you married off with twins now :lol:

my OH's going to be needing more help and reasurance then me when i do go into labour, im ick of being asked if he should go and call my mum, lol.

im hoping to know the difference when in real labour too but wouldnt the early labour twinges feel like braxton hicks?!?!

redfairy - poor you having them for months, i only had the odd one before, never this chain of them :?

Well....I'm definately not married :rotfl: But have rather obscondered with my transgender lover 'Bob' afer discovering that I am carrying triplets....it's amazing what they discovered at the growth scan due to me being so small.....

'Bob' and myself are currently residing in a small village out in the fens, where it seems that our relationship will be more widely accepted, with 'Bob' being my sister/brother.....There's no electricity/running water but it's ok as during the morning Heidi acts as a pack mule hauling and carrying water from a nearby stream, afternoons she runs in a large hamster wheel type contraption to generate electricity and her evenings are spent knitting bootees by the fireside.

So now you can update :rotfl:

On a more serious note my midwife also swears by sex, and was telling my OH all about it at my lat visit, much to his discomfort....she then started discussing cervical changes and the mucus plug and I've never seen him look so uncomfortable in my life :lol:

He told her when the time comes and if baby needs any encouragment he's going to drive down to the river, throw me in for a swim and make me chase the car home like he does the dogs... :? he'd better be joking :twisted:

Do you still have my number? Will check back soon, off for a sleep it's too hot....

if your OH's being serious then i want pictures!!!!! :lol:

my OH's coming along to my midwife appointment tomorrow for the first time, hes getting off work because he wants to hear the heartbeat :lol: think he might get more then he bargined for though :lol:

been there done that..nothing seems to work this time..today i went to hospital cos midwife found a bit of protein in wee and higher than usual blood pressure..ended up being nothing though! was well impressed though cos all of a sudden alarm went off and doctors started running apparantely it was only for emergency c section..didnt know they did so much fuss.thought i was in er and george clooney was coming round the corner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back