Cold remedy

lulu

Reaction score
What can you give a baby of 4 months for a cold other than calpol?

He is very 'snuffly' during the night and its waking him up :(

hi hun Defo mediced its a godsend ild defo recomend it its like calpol can be used from 3months but best of all it aids restfull sleep (in other words makes them drosey) i give it to Dior when she is poorly she sleeps through it all then also says on the bottle helps clear bloked nose

we were just on about mediced in that post http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight= a few people recomend it

If you bring him into the bathroom with you and turn on the hot taps or the shower and steam the room and sit in there for 5 or 10 minutes it should help loosen the congestion. If his nose is blocked you can use saline drops (ask you pharmacist for them) - you put one or two drops in each nostril before you feed him.
Also, try karvol capsuals put on a tissue or hanky and put it near to him where he sleeps (but not so close he can touch it) or where is is when he's awake. That should losen the stuffy nose too.

Hope that helps xx

Diors stuffy nose got real bad where nothing would unblock it, so i boiled the kettle tippped it all into a saucepan put the saucepan on the floor next to her cot when she was asleep, with all suffel babe round the rim of the saucepan it worked wonders

have u tryed one of these?
matern31.jpg

Nasal Aspirator
When baby gets a runny nose, this nasal aspirator will gently remove excess mucus.
Gentle suction safely clears baby’s breathing passages. Soft, flexible tip is comfortable for baby Price £ 4.99

Hi,

Thanks for your advice!

I bought some 'Medised' today and he had some after his bath with his feed. I am going to look for those drops aswell (Karvol?) to put on his sheet at bedtime.

He has been very sleepy today and not eaten much, bless him :(

Isnt it horrible when they are poorly!!!

I out a wet towel on the radiator in the room, and raise the end of the crib matress a bit, it works wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back