I sound ungrateful but I can't go....

pringle88

Reaction score
I feel awful :( my sister bought me my mum herself and my other sister tickets to go and see sister act the musical on the 28th... Ever since I opened the tickets at Xmas I've been worrying about leaving Ella, now it's getting close I need to tell her I can't go but i went out last night for 2 hours ( after I had put Ella to bed so she didn't even know I had gone!!) so I know she's going to say it was ok for me to go to town (I went at 9 and was home by 11 and cried like a baby all the way to town!!!) I'm just not ready to leave Ella for so long also I am supposed to be leaving her with we dad... Who has prob changed 4 nappies since se has been born (were not together) he's never put Ella to bed, he gets panicky and stressy when she cries and he has to ask me what to do and how to do things!

I don't want to sound ungrateful but I'm not ready to leave Ella at around 6:30pm and not see her again until the morning it's too long! Any tips on how to get out of it???

Tell the truth, i can't leave Issac and missed my sisters hen weekend. They didn't want 'babies' at the wedding recrption so i said i won't be going, Its changed now so i can take him but its totally understandable u don't want to leave her x

Just b honest Hun it's hard to leave them and there is no point in rushing into it if your not ready xxx

I know it's just easier said than done. I wasn't going to bother going last night but my mum said "it's not natural the amount of time I spend with Ella" it the most natural thing in the world!!!!!!! So I know they won't understand :( I can see an argument occurring!

You could always tell a white lie and say you don't feel well or that Ella had an unsettled day. Bad I know! x

Id be honest, or if I felt really daft I'd say 'she's been really unsettled all week I don't feel comfortable leaving her' I'm sure they'd understand, I still don't like leaving Charlie, I don't enjoy anything without him and I'm on pins all the time I'm without him so I know I'm not ready to leave him, I'd rather be in a position where I could relax and enjoy free time away. X

Wss^^ know it's wrong but have done it myself before ! Xxx

At the end of the day its up to you if you don't go and your decision what you do with Ella, they.can't prise you away from her and can only be annoyed at you for so long....and would they really enjoy seeing you anxious and tense all night? They'll get over it eventually just do whatever makes you feel more comfortable :) x

Yeah I was thinking that but it's bad enough I'm letting them all down I wanted to give her a bit of time to find someone else to take so the ticket doesn't go to waste xx

At the end of the day its up to you if you don't go and your decision what you do with Ella, they.can't prise you away from her and can only be annoyed at you for so long....and would they really enjoy seeing you anxious and tense all night? They'll get over it eventually just do whatever makes you feel more comfortable :) x

Yeah your right they will get bored of being angry as soon as they want to come and see Ella! X

Yeah definitely! My mum always tries to make me go out but I think she wants Charlie to herself x

Yeah thats exactly it!! Mum said she was gutted that Ella didn't wake last night when she was babysitting!! Haha x

We have tickets to a concert for next week but decided not to go. What's the point to o and worry every second of the evening? It just won't be enjoyable!

i spoke to my mum and she completely understood, suggested putting Ella to bed and catching the last hour of the show, i dropped a couple of hints to my sister over text and i got the "oh please dont let me down it will do you good to get out" crap....

just going to see how i feel on the night and if im not up to it Ella 'may not settle' and i may just miss it! xx

Aww glad your mum understands :) and I'm sure they just want to spend time with you and give you a good break from being a mum but you'll do that when.you're good and ready :) at least you've told them.now though, and its not the.end of the world if you miss it x

Yeah your right now ive said something i feel like its my choice whether to go or not rather than being forced in to it xx

Glad you're feeling better. Of course it's the most natural thing in the world to want to be with your baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back